Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So I installed my new PV Cat-Back...

Smile

Originally posted by geshaw30
    ...Just last weekend I had the chance to compare a PV2 installed with the factory pipe and, frankly, I didn't notice all that much difference in exterior sound.
    I have a 2 1/4 " tip and yea it's still loud on the exterior but the beer bottle drone between 1500-2000rpm is gone and the interior is MUCH more quiet. Nail it and it seems like it wakes up. Under normal acceleration it's got really nice throaty growl.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

waht do you mean it sounds like a ricer? a ricer as in those high whiney screams with the exhaust and the crackling sound? 'cause that's a ricer...i dun wanna put mine on if it's gonna sound liek that. did you use stock piping or do a custom cat?
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean... the high whiney scream and the crackling exhaust. It literally sounds like a Honda Civic with a beer can tip.

**ricer doesnt mean a person who mods a civic....it's anyone who doesnt mod a car correctly =P
    'round these parts, a ricer is any car that is Japanese made and has any or all of the following:

Huge spoiler
    Stickers
    Ground Effects beyond the norm
    Beer can exhaust
    Neon

What would you consider a Neon or Probe with the items you listed?

A wheater? Maybe a corner? Or how about a patented, genetically modified, terminus generation staple crop replacement system from the supermarket to the worlder?

clear corners, or blue bulbs, or LEDs anywhere is rice too.

John C.

Originally posted by Dallas4u
    What would you consider a Neon or Probe with the items you listed?
    Hey

Easy on the probes, me likey when they are done right !!!

Ok, resume rice bashing
    Live Free or DIE!

Originally posted by Hotsauce
    ... or LEDs anywhere is rice too.

John C.
    OUCH! Kinda like this?

I hope the new Caddy's aren't included in the rice category. They along with several others like the Infinity Q35/Q45 use all LED taillights.
    Scott / moncha.com

http://www.riceboypage.com

It saddens me that so many of you have fallen to this level. We all have a unique special vehicle. You are making it look like every other honda choadmobile.

John C.

Could have gone all day without that animation, John.

Originally posted by Hotsauce
    clear corners, or blue bulbs, or LEDs anywhere is rice too.
    I don't know about your VX, but mine CAME with an LED taillight. Guess mine must have been built in a paddy.

okay just to let you know. having led tail-lights doesnt signify that youre rice. it's just the style that you like. let me explain one more time what rice is. you call someone a ricer when they DO NOT mod their cars cleanly. A civic with intake headers exhaust does not mean it's rice, 'cause those are basic mods that needs to be done before anythign else and most people dont have thousands of dollars at hand to drop on their rides in one shot. anyways...rice is when you mod a car real wack...nothign is cleanly done.

gettin led lights woudlnt make the vx a "ricer" 'cause it still looks very clean. yah

i think the word "ricer" is used improperly by too many people.

VX can never be rice unless you put in altezzas and ugly decals all over the place. =/
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

'round these parts, a ricer is any car that is Japanese made and has any or all of the following:

Huge spoiler
    Stickers
    Ground Effects beyond the norm
    Beer can exhaust
    Neon'round these parts, a ricer is any car that is Japanese made and has any or all of the following:

yea...well sorta. like i said before, gotta do it clean. my boy has a JDM Evo IV he imported earlier int he year...it has a huge spoiler...=P and stickers, as long as you got the parts and you you do it clean.

About the PV...since you said you got the ricey sound..i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem? or is it like that 'cause there's somethin wrong with the installation of your pv catback...

About the PV...since you said you got the ricey sound..i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem? or is it like that 'cause there's somethin wrong with the installation of your pv catback...
    It's really loud I took some people to dinner the other night, and no one could talk when I hit the acellerator. There better be some serious mellowing within about 2k miles, or this thing is comin' off.

I'm open to the possibility that it was installed wrong, but I don't see how a cat-back can be installed wrong. New gaskets and 4 new bolts... can't get much simpler than that.

As a side note ... the stock muffler is the heaviest muffler I've ever come across. I dropped probably 40lbs from the vehicle at least taking that thing off.

hahahaha damn. after you said that im not sure i wanna put it on just yet. if my parents hear that they'll flip a sh*t so imma avoid confrontation and put it on when they leave for overseas =P

hey...at least you lightened the load 40 lbs right?