Thread: system

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face system

I've been through the search and can't figure out the exact size speakers. I believe what I am reading is we are equipped with four 5.5" speakers and the tweeters, am I correct on this?

I ask because I jus got a notice in the mail on my "stimulus" check and have decided I'm gonna put it towards a stimulating system in my Bumble-V.
    From what I've read, we have 5.5" speakers but with minimal trimming 6.5" speakers have been installed.
    I know I could do this myself as I've installed systems in many of my past cars, but I would rather have a professional do it because, well, I really like my VX and dont wanna mess anything up. And I dont want to damage the panels, I havent even attempted to remove them yet. I know they will install the head unit, amp, sub and Bluetooth. But since installing larger speakers will include cutting metal and (I'm guessing) screwing the new speakers into new metal I'm afraid of being denied service or having to sign a "if anything goes wrong we are not liable" agreement.
    So I'm considering myself a noob even though I've done all this before. Would this be a job a noob could do or should I let the big boys at the stereo shop handle everything?
    any advice on this?
    thanx in advance
    Last edited by So-CalVX : 07/09/2008 at 01:10 AM Reason: forgot about the interior panels
    Richard
    Proud owner of a RWD VX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It looks like an angry snake-bee!" she said