Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Elko, NV Labor Day Camping Meet (Aug 29th-Sept 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Since we are going in pretty much blind it might be a good idea to have a... um... good idea... of where we could and/or should go. When he says "tour", I would like to know more about what that means... so color me curious.
    I'll reply back and see if I can get a little more info on what/where he would like to take us. Honestly, I would like to see some of the natural areas out there, so maybe it would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    What does he drive?
    Well, considering his name on that forum, I would say a Hummer.

Bart

Hummerboy seems to be on his game and jazzed to have some people to chill with. I'm cool with a tour or whatever, I know we are going to have a good time with good pics no matter where we decide to go. How are you going to include a Hummer in your movie tho?
    Yeah, I will see what I can work out with him. That reminds me, I need to update the movie thread. I drew up a storyboard for the opening. I just haven't had a chance to scan it. I will try to tonight.

Bart

We are thinking about this. I can't find much info about the area. Jeepers Jamboree does hold an event in the Ruby Mountains every year but no details as to exactly what trails.
    Todd

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    We are thinking about this. I can't find much info about the area. Jeepers Jamboree does hold an event in the Ruby Mountains every year but no details as to exactly what trails.
    Todd
    Cool, Todd!! It would be good to have you along for the fun! I'm gonna keep talking with Hummerboy and see what kind of trails he has in mind.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Cool, Todd!! It would be good to have you along for the fun! I'm gonna keep talking with Hummerboy and see what kind of trails he has in mind.

Bart
    If we come we may bring the family (3 rigs). I registered on their forum but yet to post. I would like a description of trails (they host the Jeepers Jamboree) since I would want to run some of their more aggressive trails.
    Ken mentioned a national park north of Elko. No such thing as far as I know except that I heard some guy is trying to make that happen but I seem to remember Ruby Mountains not where he was talking about. Took 30 years to get Great Basin in as a national park.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    If we come we may bring the family (3 rigs). I registered on their forum but yet to post. I would like a description of trails (they host the Jeepers Jamboree) since I would want to run some of their more aggressive trails.
    Ken mentioned a national park north of Elko. No such thing as far as I know except that I heard some guy is trying to make that happen but I seem to remember Ruby Mountains not where he was talking about. Took 30 years to get Great Basin in as a national park.
    Hey man, the more the merrier. I don't see any issues with that. I'm sure you would have fun.

I think maybe he meant National Forrest and not National Park. I am pretty sure much of that area is Toiyabe National Forest.

If you look at that map, the green area above Elko is probably what he was talking about. I am pretty sure there is some nice scenery in that area.

Bart

OK, so this area is north about 1.5 hours from Elko and looks nice. I found this campsite:

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...ecrossing.html

They have vault toilets there. So for the ladies going along, can you guys handle this? I looked at all the other campsites in this area and none of them seem to have running water or showers.

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...arbidgerd.html

Then there is the Ruby Lake area south of Elko, I think this area is about 2 hours south, and here we have piped water and vault crappers.

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...rubymarsh.html

This one also looks nice:

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...ctions/b7.html

Personally, I would not mind camping 2 nights at one site, and then moving to another site for the 3rd night so we can see more of the area. I have absolutely no idea how crowded it will be there, but I will try to get an idea from HummerBoy.

I am trying to find spots where my wife will be more comfortable so she can come along.

Bart

Thanks for the hard work, Bart!
    I am not too sure about the first campsite. No trees and it says it's very bust during hunting season.
    I would prefer to stay @ one site so as not to spend too much of the limited vacation time setting up and breaking camp.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Thanks for the hard work, Bart!
    I am not too sure about the first campsite. No trees and it says it's very bust during hunting season.
    I would prefer to stay @ one site so as not to spend too much of the limited vacation time setting up and breaking camp.....
    Yeah, I suppose, with a tent like yours I don't blame you!! That's fine with me. This one is the one I would like to stay at:

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...pcode=NVELKTHO

Its supposed to be one of the most scenic campsites in Nevada. I looked at all the sites and they are all first come-first served so I am trying to see if maybe HummerBoy can help out.

Bart

Yea, that tent is big!
    Too funny, going through all the sites earlier, that is the one I liked best!
    Must be the one.
    Now we have ROM, the Dark Knight and the Thomas Canyon campground
    Best,

Yea, that tent is big!
    Too funny, going through all the sites earlier, that is the one I liked best!
    Must be the one.
    Now we have ROM, the Dark Knight and the Thomas Canyon campground
    Best,
    Does your VX still have the tape deck? I'll bring the Rom tape. They really need to bring Rom to the silver screen and make it cool and dark like Batman, oh that would be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktFvrEQKdjw

Bart

Tape deck, what's that?
    Yes, that cassette is a must bring item!
    I remember seeing that commercial way back, thanks for the flashback!

ROM: the Dark Spaceknight

Has much potential!

Best,

Exclamation Needs Some Feedback Asap

OK guys, I just got off the phone with the recreation.gov people about campsites out there.

This spot has openings:

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...rubymarsh.html

It looks pretty nice. The Thomas Canyon site is completely booked, and there may or may not be any sites left for first come, first serve. The Ruby Marsh site looks nice, and I can book it. The problem is, according to them, we would need 4 sites, since you can only have 2 vehicles per site (). The sites are $12/night. So if we got 4 sites to accomodate 7-8 vehicles, that would be $144. I am willing to book these spots for us, so long as everyone is willing to divvy up the cost. It won't be that much if we all chip in.

So let's hear back from you guys asap so I can reserve a spot. If no one wants to go this route, we can always take our chances on a first come, first serve basis, or just find something out on BLM land. Its all up to you guys. I would be down with camping outside the actual campsites, but the wife isn't. I know Cari and Megan will probably appreciate a semi-real toilet as well. Richie, is Brittney coming as well?

Also, I need to find out about dogs, but I am sure we will be ok. CeCe will be with us and I am guessing Menace and another Doberman as well?

Bart

You lead, I follow. I'll pay up my share for what you find. I think Menace will be staying at home this time around. Too many guns around and I don't know what he'd do. Thanks for everything you are doing, Bartman!
    OK, one down, hopefully I will hear from the rest of the group by the end of today so I can decide what to do. If everyone is down I will book the site tomorrow. This was, we have a destination and a little bit of a plan.

Thanks- Bart

Book'em Barto!