Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Elko, NV Labor Day Camping Meet (Aug 29th-Sept 1st)

We are down for whatever. Gracie may not come, but its still a possibility, my parents can watch her. CeCe could probly stay with them too.

Brittany Will be coming... But I'm having issues right now...

I Found out Monday I have a Tumor in my foot, the doc wants to take it out ASAP, but I'm trying to push it until Late Sept/oct. When I have the surgery I'll be out for 4 weeks. As in, no driving a vehicle (right foot).

So, it's going to interfere with my summer no matter what

The campground sounds great to me, but there's that chance I won't make the trip

edit: and Bender won't be joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Brittany Will be coming... But I'm having issues right now...

I Found out Monday I have a Tumor in my foot, the doc wants to take it out ASAP, but I'm trying to push it until Late Sept/oct. When I have the surgery I'll be out for 4 weeks. As in, no driving a vehicle (right foot).

So, it's going to interfere with my summer no matter what

The campground sounds great to me, but there's that chance I won't make the trip

edit: and Bender won't be joining us.
    That sucks, well, if you drop out and Todd does not come then we only need 3 sites. When I call tomorrow I will see if I can book 4 sites with the possibility of cancelling the 4th site if you don't come. When do you think you will know? A tumor in your foot? I have never heard of such a thing! Do what you gotta do to take care of that foot, but I still hope you can make it.

Bart

Yeah freakin' weird...

Went to the doctor (podiatrist) on the 26th, because I had some pain and swelling on my right foot, great toe. He took a look at it (30 seconds) said this is really weird. It's a soft tissue something or other, Like a cyst or a tumor. Let's get some X-rays to be safe. X-rays showed nothing wrong with the bones just a little wear from where the soft tissue mass was rubbing.

He scheduled an MRI for the 31st, I got the MRI, went back the 4th for the results, and it turns out it's a Giant Cell Tumor.

He said This is an extremely bizarre case (not that I wanted to be a bizzarre case, his words)

So he wants to get it out ASAP, he's confident it's benign, only 5% of GCT are malignant and 5% can progress to become malignant.

3 days off the foot after surgery, 2 weeks in a hard cast, and 2 weeks in a soft cast.

Pretty lame.

I'll let you know as soon as I know. But I'm Planning on going still.

Yeah freakin' weird...

Went to the doctor (podiatrist) on the 26th, because I had some pain and swelling on my right foot, great toe. He took a look at it (30 seconds) said this is really weird. It's a soft tissue something or other, Like a cyst or a tumor. Let's get some X-rays to be safe. X-rays showed nothing wrong with the bones just a little wear from where the soft tissue mass was rubbing.

He scheduled an MRI for the 31st, I got the MRI, went back the 4th for the results, and it turns out it's a Giant Cell Tumor.

He said This is an extremely bizarre case (not that I wanted to be a bizzarre case, his words)

So he wants to get it out ASAP, he's confident it's benign, only 5% of GCT are malignant and 5% can progress to become malignant.

3 days off the foot after surgery, 2 weeks in a hard cast, and 2 weeks in a soft cast.

Pretty lame.

I'll let you know as soon as I know. But I'm Planning on going still.
    Yeah, its only your foot, its not that important!

Bart

South Ruby Campground is it!

OK!

I just got off the phone with the reservations people. I booked 3 sites at the South Ruby Campground. Sites 22, 23, and 24.

http://www.campingguidenevada.com/cg...rubymarsh.html

She said we do not need a fourth site, since there is an overflow parking area for sites that have more than 2 vehicles, but I am sure we can get away with 3 little VXes in one site without much hassle.

The total cost to reserve with all the BS fees and what not comes to $138 for all three sites, for three nights. It breaks down like so:

3 sites at $12 per night plus a $10 reservation fee per site = $138.

So I figure we can just split up the cost bewtween all of us and it will be pretty cheap that way.

So the plan is:

Meet at Smiths in Elko (1740 Mountain City Hwy) between 5-6pm on Friday, August 29th. Once everyone is together and ready to head out, we will drive south to the campsite and setup camp, hopefully getting down to the campsite no later than 7:30pm. I have reservation numbers for each site. There are toilets at this site and piped water. We should all fill up with gas in Elko since that is the closest station to the campsite.

See you all in a couple weeks!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Nice work, Capt'n!
    Thanks, son!

You da man, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Thanks Bart... Still planning on going...

Just trying to figure out how to buy enough Ammo... an MRI of my foot was $2,200!!! You know what I could buy with that? I could have Line-x'd my entire VX

Lame...

Thanks Bart... Still planning on going...

Just trying to figure out how to buy enough Ammo... an MRI of my foot was $2,200!!! You know what I could buy with that? I could have Line-x'd my entire VX

Lame...
    Ummm, don't you have health insurance through work or anything? Ouch! That sucks. Yeah, you could have bought like10,000 rounds of 7.62 or something. I wouldn't worry too much about ammo. I think I am going to bring my Saiga 12, my P22 and my AK. That should be fun enough. As for ammo, .22 and 12 guage is relatively cheap. I'd say I will bring 300-400 rounds of 7.62 and hopefully have some left when we are done!

Bart

EDIT: By the way, what news do you have about your foot? Everything ok or is it serious?

I have bad insurance... I've never used insurance in my life, and this is the first time... Looks like I'm going to be paying $650 for the MRI and first visit, and probably ~$200 for the surgery, so not too bad.

As for the foot, I don't think it's serious, the doctor isn't "worried" but won't know for certain until it's removed, and looked at under the microscope if it's malignant (only 5% are) I'm more worried that it's going to screw up my summer/fall

As for guns, I'll be bringing my AR15, 17HMR, and Brit will bring her 22lr. And I'll see about getting a SocomII

So you should bring some 5.56, Even if it's wolf 55, just may need to unclear it every so often, or I may just give it a REALLY good cleaning.

HMR ammo is ~$15 per 50 rounds and I highly recommend you all buy atleast one brick, it's the funnest, most accurate gun for the money bar none

Elko highest gas prices in Nevada

I just read in the paper this morning that Elko has the highest gas prices in Nevada. Where everyone else has come down 40 cents a gallon recently Elko has come down a nickel. And I thought Searchlight was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I just read in the paper this morning that Elko has the highest gas prices in Nevada. Where everyone else has come down 40 cents a gallon recently Elko has come down a nickel. And I thought Searchlight was bad.
    Yeah, all of the "remote" areas of Nevada have stupid high gas prices. I figure we don't have a choice. I was going to bring 10 gallons of gas with, but since we will most likely be within 100 miles of Elko the whole time, as long as we fill up before we leave town we should be fine.

Bart

So, getting close, my friends. I've been thinking about gas. The campsite is about 60 miles south of Elko, which is where the nearest service station is. Now that's fine, but if we decide to take day trip out for wheeling, shooting, etc, we may run into some issues, especially those of us who get 200-240 per tank. What do you guys think? Are we all going to bring auxillery gas cans?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    I guess I will bring an extra container of fuel, just to be safe. Bart, can I just buy some ammo off you to use? I don't know where to look for that stuff around these parts and you can probably buy it cheaper than I could anyway. Is that cool? Gas and ammo together... sounds like the Hershey squirts!
    Sure, I mean, we can all share a little. I usually mail order all my ammo from ammoman.com. He has pretty good prices and free shipping. But if you could, go to Walmart and buy as many boxes of 12guage as you want. They usually sell the 100 shell boxes of 8 or 7.5 shot for like $22. I would pic up 2 boxes of that because you will want to shoot the Saiga 12 as much as possible. I think I am going to bring my AK, SKS, Saiga 12 and my .22 pistol. So the only expensive ammo I will have with me is 7.62x39.

Bart