OK, we've talked about it for a while. So let’s get formal and make it happen.

Elko is about 4 hours from Reno and about 3.5 hours from SLC.

I am thinking of taking a half-day on Friday, August 29th-leaving Reno about 1pm and getting to Elko around 5:30 or so. It would be cool to meet up with everyone somewhere in Elko, gas up for the weekend, and then head south into the wild and find some place to camp on BLM land for the night, and then on Saturday morning, wheel farther south to the Ruby Mountains area and find a nice spot to camp there Saturday and Sunday night.

Official invites:
Ascinder
CrnCnn
Zeus
taylorRichie
Kodiak
crager34
Todd Adams
snowtrooper1966

Of course, anyone else who would like to make the trek is more than welcome, but the above list includes all the Utah people I know, Reno people, and James from Mammoth. The above list is by no means meant to exclude anyone, its just a list of those folks who have talked about making this happen in the past, and those who I know might be interested. James, if you can take off Friday, and free yourself up for the weekend, you could drive up in the morning, chill at my house for a break and then leave with us that afternoon. As for others, I know there are a lot of California people who might want to join us, and the invite to meet at my crib in Reno is open to those who want to make the trip. Also, maybe some Idaho folks? Lets make it big!

The weather out there should be nice toward the end of August, and there is enough open land out that way that I think we will have no problem finding a bit of adventure and a lot of fun.

So let the discussion begin.

Bart