Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elko, NV Labor Day Camping Meet (Aug 29th-Sept 1st)

Elko, NV Labor Day Camping Meet (Aug 29th-Sept 1st)

OK, we've talked about it for a while. So let’s get formal and make it happen.

Elko is about 4 hours from Reno and about 3.5 hours from SLC.

I am thinking of taking a half-day on Friday, August 29th-leaving Reno about 1pm and getting to Elko around 5:30 or so. It would be cool to meet up with everyone somewhere in Elko, gas up for the weekend, and then head south into the wild and find some place to camp on BLM land for the night, and then on Saturday morning, wheel farther south to the Ruby Mountains area and find a nice spot to camp there Saturday and Sunday night.

Official invites:
    Ascinder
    CrnCnn
    Zeus
    taylorRichie
    Kodiak
    crager34
    Todd Adams
    snowtrooper1966

Of course, anyone else who would like to make the trek is more than welcome, but the above list includes all the Utah people I know, Reno people, and James from Mammoth. The above list is by no means meant to exclude anyone, its just a list of those folks who have talked about making this happen in the past, and those who I know might be interested. James, if you can take off Friday, and free yourself up for the weekend, you could drive up in the morning, chill at my house for a break and then leave with us that afternoon. As for others, I know there are a lot of California people who might want to join us, and the invite to meet at my crib in Reno is open to those who want to make the trip. Also, maybe some Idaho folks? Lets make it big!

The weather out there should be nice toward the end of August, and there is enough open land out that way that I think we will have no problem finding a bit of adventure and a lot of fun.

So let the discussion begin.

Bart

I will be needing to work on my left side CV, to see if its the problem and I will go from there.

Now though, Cari's Jeep needs a window motor/regulator so naturally that is priority. I will put in for the time off though JIC.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I will be needing to work on my left side CV, to see if its the problem and I will go from there.

Now though, Cari's Jeep needs a window motor/regulator so naturally that is priority. I will put in for the time off though JIC.
    Do it man! You got 2 months to get your VX up to speed. The three of us need to get together and get things fixed. I know Beau is probably in the same boat.

EDIT: Plus, I would really like to see how the boot removal/repack/replacement is done.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 07/14/2008 at 01:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Do it man! You got 2 months to get your VX up to speed. The three of us need to get together and get things fixed. I know Beau is probably in the same boat.

EDIT: Plus, I would really like to see how the boot removal/repack/replacement is done.

Bart
    Yeah, I do. Its hard now cause the jeep is really down til its fixed so I dont want to tear apart the VX and break something. When I do it I will let you know so you can watch

Yeah, I do. Its hard now cause the jeep is really down til its fixed so I dont want to tear apart the VX and break something. When I do it I will let you know so you can watch
    Cool, definitely let me know.

Bart

Thanks for the invite!
    I'll probably have to do this solo, since SnowtrooperJR is now with his mom on the weekends. I'll plan on heading up Thursday PM and probably do the motel thing for the evening.
    It should be a blast to meet the others...
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

I'll bring some Guns and Ammo.

Wonder if I can get an HKs by then.... hmmm... I'll see about borrowing a Socom II also

Ah, taylor!
    Now you are speaking Bart's lingo! You two should be inseperable, kind of like the Venture bros...Oh wait, that's been done already.
    BTW, Taylor, got the PV, now just have to install it.
    Thanks again!
    Best,

If I can ever get my dad ship ship up my ruger I will bring it along. I am trying to think positive about making this one.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Ah, taylor!
    Now you are speaking Bart's lingo! You two should be inseperable, kind of like the Venture bros...Oh wait, that's been done already.
    BTW, Taylor, got the PV, now just have to install it.
    Thanks again!
    Best,
    You're welcome!

Should be a fun little get together! If anyone wants to save up some .223/5.56 Ammo you're welcome to use my AR HBAR to shoot it. It has a 16X Long Range Leupold Optic on it.

But it doesn't like Wolf Ammo too much, unless it's Brass cased.

I like guns, I like to shoot guns, but I am not really a "gun guy." Does that make sense? When Beau and Bart start talking guns my eyes glaze over.

That being said, any specific ammo better for a 9 than others? I get the emails from the ammoman website and wonder if its worth buying in bulk and realy dont know the difference anyway.

For a 9mm I'd just get whatever... Everything should shoot fine. When you're working with most pistol cartridges the only thing that changes are accuracy and ballistics (as far as penetration, lethality etc.) A pistol isn't accurate to begin with so when you're out plinking why pay a premium. (IMO)

I'm also not a gun guy... or I'm a newb... I just have access to guns, so that's why I've started embracing them

I highly recommend you guys buy a couple bricks of 17HMR (~$13 /50 rounds) You're going to want to shoot my HMR.

It won alot of awards this year... Most accurate gun for the price. Most accurate gun at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Thanks for the invite!
    I'll probably have to do this solo, since SnowtrooperJR is now with his mom on the weekends. I'll plan on heading up Thursday PM and probably do the motel thing for the evening.
    It should be a blast to meet the others...
    Best,
    James, come up Thursday, and stay at my place. You have proven yourself to be a stand up guy, and I have a spare queen sized bed. Save yourself some cash and buy some extra oil and gas for the trip.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    I'll bring some Guns and Ammo.

Wonder if I can get an HKs by then.... hmmm... I'll see about borrowing a Socom II also
    No, no, not see, DO BRING a Socom II.

Bart

If I can ever get my dad ship ship up my ruger I will bring it along. I am trying to think positive about making this one.
    Spell it out for us. Aside from the CV repairs, what else do you need done to come along?

Bart