Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Elko, NV Labor Day Camping Meet (Aug 29th-Sept 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    You're welcome!

Should be a fun little get together! If anyone wants to save up some .223/5.56 Ammo you're welcome to use my AR HBAR to shoot it. It has a 16X Long Range Leupold Optic on it.

But it doesn't like Wolf Ammo too much, unless it's Brass cased.
    Ahhh, that's too bad. I have 1000 rounds of Wolf .223 sitting here. But that's ok, I will have enough of my own toys....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    What!? Are you saying the VX is not the only SUV to burn up window motors!?
    My 2000 Xterra burnt a window motor after about 30k miles! Repaired under warranty and the bill was over $400 for parts and labor, and this was in 2001!

Bart

Well I must say, this is shaping up quite nicely. I just need to get the Reno boys on board!

Bart

What!? Are you saying the VX is not the only SUV to burn up window motors!? Something I figured out is that you really may not need to replace the whole window motor... at leaast in the VX. The brushes are what usually give out. If you dig into the door anytime soon, take out the motor and check out the little magnets that are in it - those are all that usually need to be replaced. If any of the magnets remain, you can take that to a Milwaukee, Dewalt, or some other local power tool shop, or maybe a starter repair shop, and compare it to brushes that they have. I recently found the brushes in my electric lawn mower might work as well. The brushes are just so cheap I think it is worth a shot! In the meantime, can you just crank up the window to keep the rain out?
    Well I took off the door panel and was trying to figure out what was wrong. It is a cable regulator, which I have never worked on. I determined that the motor was bad or the cables were binding. Turns out the it was the cables. There is a spot where the motor meets the gears that move the cables and one cable came loose and jammed in the gear destroying it. So basically the motor is good. The whole assembly is 100 buck at Kragen so I will just replace the deal.

I have a pair of vice grips holding the window up at the moment. It is sitting at my parents until I can get it fixed. :gring:

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Spell it out for us. Aside from the CV repairs, what else do you need done to come along?

Bart
    Well I must say, this is shaping up quite nicely. I just need to get the Reno boys on board!

Bart
    Basically it comes down to money.
    We are broke and need to fix the Jeep.
    We are broke and I have to figure out/fix the VX.
    Cari's parents are coming the Aug. 2 until the 9 or 10.
    Cari may be going to Tucson to visit family in Sept.

Trust me I want to go.....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Basically it comes down to money.
    We are broke and need to fix the Jeep.
    We are broke and I have to figure out/fix the VX.
    Cari's parents are coming the Aug. 2 until the 9 or 10.
    Cari may be going to Tucson to visit family in Sept.

Trust me I want to go.....
    OK, I hear ya. Just stay positive, we can make it happen!!!

Bart

Thanks for the invite Bart, although I probably will not be standing up the entire time, I would be bumping my head in the Dragon....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Ahhh, that's too bad. I have 1000 rounds of Wolf .223 sitting here. But that's ok, I will have enough of my own toys....

Bart
    Bring some... I'll give it a good cleaning before we go. If it's 55 grain (which I'm sure it is) Then it'll shoot, It just doesn't cycle well... If I bring a can of Gun oil then we can go through the entire 1000 with probably 20 jams

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Bring some... I'll give it a good cleaning before we go. If it's 55 grain (which I'm sure it is) Then it'll shoot, It just doesn't cycle well... If I bring a can of Gun oil then we can go through the entire 1000 with probably 20 jams
    Will do. I'll bring 50 rounds or so....

Bart

Exclamation

I was thinking last night, and I just want to make sure that everyone on the list here knows that this trip may turn out to be several nights of REAL CAMPING.

At minimum, that means:

1) No showers
    2) No toilets
    3) No water
    4) No gas stations for miles

If we camp on BLM land Friday night, and then go south Saturday to the Ruby Mountains area, there may be "Campsites" there. I have not researched it fully, but I will get on that now.

I just want everyone to be prepared. I will be bringing 10 gallons of extra gas, and probably 10-15 gallons of water. Personally, I love being detached from civilization for as long as possible, but I will have the wife with me so I will probably be procuring some sort of camp shower so we can rinse off. I also have a portable crapper now that works pretty good, which is something you guys can consider getting. Or, if you want to use mine, just bring 2-3 WAG BAGs for each day of camping, depending on how much you poop:

REI carries them or you can get them online. Or you can just go the old fashion way.

Has anyone ever been to the Ruby Mountains area? I hear it is really beautiful, but I honestly have no idea what to expect. I'll post more info about the area as I find out.

Bart

I haven't done any other kind of camping for a long time...

I'll bring a shovel if the dirt will be provided. And of course plenty of water, and I need to get some decent gas cans and get that system worked out.

Bart can you link me to your buddy in Chicago who does the CO2 kits? I think I'll get a 10# kit in the next couple weeks.

Never been to the Ruby Mountains...

Here you go:

http://www.4wheelair.com

Tell him I sent you. His name is Tom.

Bart

Along with my shotty, I will have the little guns with me too! My childhood silhouette shooter - Ruger Mark I .22 and an air gun I just ordered... what can I say, I want to shoot at home! Check it out though... the Russian Baikal IZH-61: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...+previous+post)
    Damn, that this is pretty sick looking. What does it shoot? Pellets? BBs? Airsoft BBs?

Bart

.177 Match pellets - I think at 750 fps.
    Ouch. Those would sting and then some probably. My brother wants me to buy an airsoft gun so we can shoot eachother.

Bart

HAHA! Did your brother move to Reno too?
    Yeah, he's here...

Bart