Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TOP SECRET PROJECT - to be released in a few weeks

TOP SECRET PROJECT - to be released in a few weeks

Ok fellow VXers...

I need your help...

http://obcserver.net/vega/

I need to come up with 20 different patterns for our LED brake light flasher.

The application works by first choosing how many "frames" you want the pattern to have (on off cycles). Choose 2 (select the 1, and put in 2) then you can do a simple on off (blinking) light. (change brightness on frame 2 to 0).

Max Brightness is 200 (this is 100% on, standard LED brightness) Duration, 40 is equal to .5 seconds.

Play around with it and help me come up with different blinking patterns.

To get an idea of what is happening punch in say 20 frames, and hit random, and then make the duration all to 5.

You should have a fast blinking random brake light (probably the safest thing you could have on the back of your vehicle)

Once you have a pattern tuned to how you like it, click Output Array, and post the array in a reply message here.

Take a look at my Attached image for an example pattern. If you duplicate this pattern you'll see that the brake light strobes from off to on.

If you come up with a cool pattern it just might make it into the light

Either way let me know what you think of the project.

It's an LED controller, it'll have 20 different patterns, and you can toggle between patterns using a Keychain FOB (like an alarm FOB).

Installation is two wires, one robs your brake light signal, the other is ground. Very very simple. Will work on all LED brake lights, or LED lights for that matter.

Richie

Sooner this project has wrapped the sooner the TOD controller will be finished for release.

hey, thats cool, i was just playing with it. but i was hoping you can make it go left and right like KITT or even make it do left half blink twice then right half blink twice kinda like a patrol car type thing...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

We have that product too... but it requires a replacement of actual brake lights... And most 3BL don't allow for direct replacements. So we have kind of let those go by the wayside.

A couple of years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have the 3rd brake light flash, blink, ect.. When the car is in reverse (Like a silent back-up alarm)
    Could this be done with your project.
    I thought Tone's flasher kit. does light from side to side (like Kitt)?
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

Thats a great idea on the reverse flashing. As for Tones flasher kit, all it does is flash the 3rd brake light when pressing the brakes like new model cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie View Post
    A couple of years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have the 3rd brake light flash, blink, ect.. When the car is in reverse (Like a silent back-up alarm)
    Could this be done with your project.
    I thought Tone's flasher kit. does light from side to side (like Kitt)?

Could you get some Night Rider action action going? Now that would be sweet!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Can't do night rider unless you replace the entire 3BL, and ours isn't friendly for replacement. You would have to dremel out your old one, and swap out a new board... We were originally going to make one, but the VX just isn't a good candidate. We have a model that we sell for the standard GM 3BL (H2, Suburban, escalade, jimmy, blazer, tahoe etc.) all use it.

But we can't control each individual LED with its current configuration... So we're limited to different all ON/OFF and percentages of brightness. (which is still cool)

As for Reverse light, it would work for that, would require some relays but would definitely work. Once we release them I'll include a wiring diagram for use with reverse lights as well.

:THREAD RESURRECTION:

Had an idea for the third brake light-- and thought this might be a good place to put it. But I was thinking it would be really cool of the third light would be pressure sensitive. Like the harder you brake the brighter it lights up. How hard do you think that would be to do?

Honestly I have no idea probably not a good idea to tap into anything electronic on the brakes so you'd have to install a switch at the brake pedal which might be a bit difficult. And probably not a lot of people would do.

hmmm.... Have to think about that one.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thmstec View Post
    :THREAD RESURRECTION:

Had an idea for the third brake light-- and thought this might be a good place to put it. But I was thinking it would be really cool of the third light would be pressure sensitive. Like the harder you brake the brighter it lights up. How hard do you think that would be to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Honestly I have no idea probably not a good idea to tap into anything electronic on the brakes so you'd have to install a switch at the brake pedal which might be a bit difficult. And probably not a lot of people would do.

hmmm.... Have to think about that one.
    I think you would have to tap into the brake lines somewhere, or maybe the master cylinder, with a pressure sensitive switch to make that work.
    I don't know if such a thing even exists...just thinkin' out loud...

the night rider thing would have been soooooooooooooo cool
    ---------

Ty

Yeah we have nightrider style lighting with 16 different patterns for several different vehicles. They could be retrofit in the Vehicross, but our 3BL isn't a good candidate. you'd be better off mounting one elsewhere.

are there pics of any type of knight-rider light assembly that would look great and replace the oem version? I wouldn't mind changing it out to a much "cooler" version

Tyler

The version we made is a direct replacement for GM products, (Jimmy, hummer, Suburban, escalade etc.)

It's about half the size of our VX light, and would require a bit of modification to make work. I'll see if I can find some old video files lying around. Currently all of the vehicles we had with them (personally) are sold.

Arrow

Here is the guys that did the new Knight-Rider Lights... I'm just waiting for the production version...

They do have a normal single row LED version that "might" work...