Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: VX Short Film - Ideas anyone?

VX Short Film - Ideas anyone?

6 VehiCROSSES. Maybe 7 or 8 if a few more people come along. In the middle of the desert. I am thinking of shooting some sort of short film, something really simple that can be edited together. It can be funny, serious, or whatever. Anyone have any ideas?

Bart

You could film some critters (scorpion, snake,... comes to mind) doing their thing out in the desert area, when some super secret government jet (that just happens to be flying by), has troubles and leaks a little of it's super rejuvinating/self healing chemical, before it rejuvinates and self heals of course. When the drips hit the dust (zoomed in and in super slow motion of course), things happen to what ever gets hit. The scorpion and snake that were on an old abandoned truck chassis get rejuvinated into a VX! Maybe different things become different VX's?

Just a thought??? Hey, you asked! :grinr:
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

synchronized driving dance

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Maybe some "stop motion" stuff....?

Doors open...doors shut.

Hoods up...hoods down

....and some Laurel & Hardy style speeded up "chase scenes??

....jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Maybe some "stop motion" stuff....?

Doors open...doors shut.

Hoods up...hoods down

....jo
    Actually I kinda like that idea Jo. It would be cool to park a VX of one color, roll camera. Move another VX of another color into its place, roll camera, etc etc. Good idea. It would be easy too.

I was also trying to think of a skit of some sort. Something corny or tongue in cheek. I kind of like my old idea of each color having a ranking or a certain "job" that differs between colors. I was thinking we could all bring some sort of simple "costume" that goes along with our VXes. Like me and Justin in black coveralls with black goggles (or better yet, gas masks). Richard in yellow coveralls with a black stripe and his cool bee logo. Beau with a white painters suit on, Clint with like a silvery metallic spaceman outfit, etc etc. And like we are all future warriors meeting up for some weird event in the desert. Wow, that is so nerdy and stupid....but, might be entertaining and funny at least!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Actually I kinda like that idea Jo. .... we could all bring some sort of simple "costume" that goes along with our VXes. Like me and Justin in black coveralls with black goggles (or better yet, gas masks). Richard in yellow coveralls with a black stripe and his cool bee logo. Beau with a white painters suit on, Clint with like a silvery metallic spaceman outfit, etc etc. And like we are all future warriors meeting up for some weird event in the desert. Wow, that is so nerdy and stupid....but, might be entertaining and funny at least!

Bart
    The last one could pull up in his Foxfire jump out wearing a small swimsuit and his all over body sunburn with white around his eyes where he had been wearing goggles. :grinr:

That would be funny, I can almost guaranty that any thing we do has been done before. If everyone could find some examples on YouTube of what they are thinking of it mite help.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]That would be funny, I can almost guaranty that any thing we do has been done before.
    Hmmm, I dunno. I mean, the basic idea yes, but the VX is what will make it different.

Bart

Lightbulb OK, this wouldn't be too hard...

...I just whipped this shot list up. It would be pretty easy to pull off, and edit together later. Its cheesey and silly, but I think it would be fun.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EXT. Day

1 – Fade in, L/S establishing desolate desert landscape

2 – Medium C/U of a lizard on a rock, insects buzz breaking the silence, but somehow adding to it

3 – Another L/S establishing the landscape, wind blowing in the BG

4 – Low M/S, VX comes up fast, brakes hard sending dust all over the
    camera

5 – Low M/S just below the drivers door. Door opens and boots come out, camera booms up and around the back of the driver and stops M/S on the back of his head once he is out of the vehicle

6 – C/U of his face, dust still settles around his head, he looks around slowly and cracks a smile, and then lifts off his mask as the dust settles

7 – L/S profiles the driver and his VX, and then crabs to reveal a line of other VXers waiting for him next to their vehicles, music comes in

8 – Slow crab shot rolling along the line-up, stopping on each driver, freeze frame, titles come in with V.O. revealing the codenames for each driver.

9 – Final M/S revealing the original driver and his codename

10 – L/S of the entire crew, weapons in hand, getting into their VXes, rolling out past the camera, camera then stays static on the dust left behind by the vehicles, and the titles come in ala Mad Max …."VX MADNESS"

The remaining shots can be a montage with music of us racing around in the desert, shooting guns, drinking and partying in general. We can make all that up as we go along. Ending with us all driving off into the distance after about 5-7 minutes.

OK so, its silly, but who is in? More ideas?

Bart

PS - Oh, by the way C/U = close-up, M/S = Medium Shot, LS = Long Shot, V.O. = Voice Over.

That sounds cool! We need lots of low angle shots and close ups. Watch some car reviews on Top Gear and you will get an idea of what we need. I can do almost anything with the editing except for slow motion. You need a special camera for that.
    Last edited by kodiak : 07/17/2008 at 05:27 PM

Im in. Are you planning this while in Elko? Or just around here?

If you guys come a bit closer down here towards Vegas, I'll be interested!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Sounds like you've got the plot firmly in your mind but my vote would have been for a comedy.

Film Zeus running of Goonie Bird's foot & then just follow him around to see what happens next. Definitely fodder for LMAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

start out with a kid pulling one of those

duck toys where there is the mama and then baby ducks on a string. Close up on the kids hand then follow the string down to the ducks. But when you get there it is a VX and then follow the line down to one VX after another then pan out to a row of VX following each other in a line then pan out further to a super imposed Giant pulling the VX's. A good demonstration on boys and their toys from young kid to adulthood. The end could even be one of those cymbal playing monkeys.