Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX Short Film - Ideas anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

VX Short Film - Ideas anyone?

6 VehiCROSSES. Maybe 7 or 8 if a few more people come along. In the middle of the desert. I am thinking of shooting some sort of short film, something really simple that can be edited together. It can be funny, serious, or whatever. Anyone have any ideas?

Bart

You could film some critters (scorpion, snake,... comes to mind) doing their thing out in the desert area, when some super secret government jet (that just happens to be flying by), has troubles and leaks a little of it's super rejuvinating/self healing chemical, before it rejuvinates and self heals of course. When the drips hit the dust (zoomed in and in super slow motion of course), things happen to what ever gets hit. The scorpion and snake that were on an old abandoned truck chassis get rejuvinated into a VX! Maybe different things become different VX's?

Just a thought??? Hey, you asked! :grinr:
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

synchronized driving dance

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Maybe some "stop motion" stuff....?

Doors open...doors shut.

Hoods up...hoods down

....and some Laurel & Hardy style speeded up "chase scenes??

....jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Maybe some "stop motion" stuff....?

Doors open...doors shut.

Hoods up...hoods down

....jo
    Actually I kinda like that idea Jo. It would be cool to park a VX of one color, roll camera. Move another VX of another color into its place, roll camera, etc etc. Good idea. It would be easy too.

I was also trying to think of a skit of some sort. Something corny or tongue in cheek. I kind of like my old idea of each color having a ranking or a certain "job" that differs between colors. I was thinking we could all bring some sort of simple "costume" that goes along with our VXes. Like me and Justin in black coveralls with black goggles (or better yet, gas masks). Richard in yellow coveralls with a black stripe and his cool bee logo. Beau with a white painters suit on, Clint with like a silvery metallic spaceman outfit, etc etc. And like we are all future warriors meeting up for some weird event in the desert. Wow, that is so nerdy and stupid....but, might be entertaining and funny at least!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Actually I kinda like that idea Jo. .... we could all bring some sort of simple "costume" that goes along with our VXes. Like me and Justin in black coveralls with black goggles (or better yet, gas masks). Richard in yellow coveralls with a black stripe and his cool bee logo. Beau with a white painters suit on, Clint with like a silvery metallic spaceman outfit, etc etc. And like we are all future warriors meeting up for some weird event in the desert. Wow, that is so nerdy and stupid....but, might be entertaining and funny at least!

Bart
    The last one could pull up in his Foxfire jump out wearing a small swimsuit and his all over body sunburn with white around his eyes where he had been wearing goggles. :grinr:

OK, its silly and poorly rendered, but here is my idea for the opening scene. Obviously, I could beef it up more. After I drew this up, I was thinking, as the first VX is speeding up, we could cut to several close ups of the other VXers waiting.

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/vxvid1.jpg

Sorry for the poor illustrations. I can draw ppl ok, but I have no idea how some of you guys can draw technical (like drawing the VX acurately).

Any input?

Bart

Nice story board, I like it! I see what you’re thinking. This is a remix I made last nigh that might work with this tell me what you think. Sorry for the quality, my mp3 export codec is giving me problems.
    Attachment 790
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Nice story board, I like it! I see what you’re thinking.
    Right, that's all I wanted to do is get the idea on paper. I wish I could illustrate better, oh well.

This is a remix I made last nigh that might work with this tell me what you think. Sorry for the quality, my mp3 export codec is giving me problems.
    Sounds cool. What is it a remix of? If you like that type of music (background type stuff) we should talk. I like a lot of stuff like that...

Bart

Beowulf, It sounds good at any quality be it YouTube or DVD.

Beowulf, It sounds good at any quality be it YouTube or DVD.
    Beowulf? You mean the soundtrack from that movie that came out a while ago?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    OK, its silly and poorly rendered, but here is my idea for the opening scene. Obviously, I could beef it up more. After I drew this up, I was thinking, as the first VX is speeding up, we could cut to several close ups of the other VXers waiting.

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/vxvid1.jpg

Sorry for the poor illustrations. I can draw ppl ok, but I have no idea how some of you guys can draw technical (like drawing the VX acurately).

Any input?

Bart
    You, sir, have way too much time on your hands
    Nice boards! Since I have way too much time on my hands, count the Dragon and me in!
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    You, sir, have way too much time on your hands
    Nice boards! Since I have way too much time on my hands, count the Dragon and me in!
    Best,
    Absolutely. I need to make another page...

Bart

You guys are funny. I had in mind something a little more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHOB...eature=related

The real question is, do you guys seriously want to try to put something together? It actually takes some amount of planning and dedication to put a short together that actually amounts to anything. So let me know. I think it would be fun, but I don't want to bring my video camera and rigging if we aren't gonna be a little serious at least!

Bart

PS - Richard, what are you using for editing stuff? Premiere? After Affects? Director? Something else?

If you’re serious I’m serious. Your right, it needs to be organized. If there are too many cooks in the kitchen it could get cluttered. I trust you’re taste so what ever you need me to do I’ll do it. If it’s in my skill set that is, I use premiere.