Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Holy Mud.

Bart - mud is the best wheeling!!! IMHO

Eric - Never stuck? Kids - how quickly they forget Shenandoah???

I was actually slinging a fair amount of GLUB when we left the campsite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

If only everyone was as Johnny on the spot with there cameras, I feel like I was there! Here is the opening scene of the VX movie, basically sums us all up, here to help a fellow VXer, simply because we are all so freaking unique that our extension of ourselves, the VX, brings us together no matter what junk we get ourselves into.......

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Bart - mud is the best wheeling!!! IMHO
    LOL, mud is fun when its not you in it! I think mudding is fun in a vehicle you don't care so much about, but in my VX, no sir, I don't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    If only everyone was as Johnny on the spot with there cameras, I feel like I was there!
    I've actually started carrying my small point-and-shoot camera with me all the time, but in this case I had my good camera with me and I had about 30 minutes on my hands while I was stuck to just sit there and take photos. There were a bunch of wild horses roaming around the area at the time too, I snapped these two shots of a cute baby and another shot of the sun setting.

In this shot you can see the little canal I crossed. Stupid.

Bart

"LOL, mud is fun when its not you in it! I think mudding is fun in a vehicle you don't care so much about, but in my VX, no sir, I don't like it!"

I can relate

I used to have a cool pic of my old Dodge stuck to the frame rails in muck ... with a 113 (Armored Personnel Carrier) pulling me out. Really nice shot but lost in the divorce.

I think you should return your wheels...they are defective. Those "teflons" are supposed to shed the mud!
    Have fun getting all that mud out of everything...for the next couple months. I avoid the stuff now if possible.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I think you should return your wheels...they are defective. Those "teflons" are supposed to shed the mud!
    Have fun getting all that mud out of everything...for the next couple months. I avoid the stuff now if possible.
    Well, tonight I am going home, and removing each wheel one at a time to clean everything out. I will scrub my baby's underbelly if I have to. I will probably be at it for 3 hours. Hopefully not more than that, and yes, avoid mud I shall. As I said before, this was 100% a surprise. But thinking back, I guess it was a pretty stupid idea to begin with.

Bart

"guess it was a pretty stupid idea to begin with."

But a great Kodak moment.

Eric - Never stuck? Kids - how quickly they forget Shenandoah???

i have no idea what you are talking about..

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    We may just have a calendar submittal pic...
    Agreed. That first pic is beautiful. You sure do have a lot of colors down there!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Nice work guy!

But how did Clint keep so clean and un-stuck getting to the other side of the drainage?!
    Hows this? I played in the mud a bit on the way in and on the way out.

Cari was driving back and forth in all the surrounding puddles, hoping some one got stuck

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Agreed. That first pic is beautiful. You sure do have a lot of colors down there!
    Take a look at this higher res version:

http://www.nofuture.com/Dsc_4271.jpg

I am *SHOCKED* with the vividness and clarity the D80 with the 18-200 Nikkor lens is producing. I think also the time of day helped (sunset/sunrise is magic hour), but still. I am in with this camera setup. If only I had this lens for for Moab!

Bart

Thumbs up

Yeah so I pressure washed the wheels for like 10 minutes on my way home from work, and then when I got home I rolled around underneath and removed anything I missed with the pressure washer. I think I am pretty much good to go now. I may still get the bearings repacked anyway, just to be safe.

Bart

you do take some great pix Bart. Have you ever surfed around pbase to compare to other amateurs?

you do take some great pix Bart. Have you ever surfed around pbase to compare to other amateurs?
    Amateur? Come on man, at least give me "pro-sumer"!!

Yeah, I've been on pbase and flickr, a lot of nice work on both of those sites. Photography is great, been at it since high school. The more I do it, the more I do it. It is sort of an addiction I think. Since I moved out west I have been documenting my life with photos on a fairly regular basis, and is makes looking back a lot more interesting when you have all the photos to go with the memories. And digital photography is simply amazing. I am still awe struck by how many photos you can take on a 4 GIG SD card, and everything is immediate. I just love it. I think everyone should take photos as often as possible and everyone should blog. With the ease of digital photography and the Internet, human beings have been creating a modern digital history of society. Imagine what Deadwood or WWII history would have been like if everyone back then had a digital camera and blog to keep up to date?

Bart

"pro-sumer"!!

I wasn't sure of your status so played it conservative. Your photos look pro quality but didn't know if you actually got paid for it.

For my blunder - you may take a photo of some of the mud you got stuck in & throw it at a picture of my Proton.

BTW: The main reason that I like digital is that due to my LACK of expertise - I take 30 pix & pray that 2 turn out.