Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Holy Mud.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    "pro-sumer"!!

I wasn't sure of your status so played it conservative. Your photos look pro quality but didn't know if you actually got paid for it.
    LOL, no, actually I was exagerating it anyhow. I am nothing more than a hobbyist photographer who has been at it since highschool....

BTW: The main reason that I like digital is that due to my LACK of expertise - I take 30 pix & pray that 2 turn out.
    True. Digital does allow a lot more room for error, and a lot more photos, so chances are, you are gonna get at least a few decent shots when you take 200 photos. Problem for me though, is that when I take 200 shots, I want at least 100 good ones, and 50 really nice ones, and 25 stunners and at least 3 or 4 jaw dropping photos. I think there is a definite advantage when you are using nice gear, there is no question. However, I think that quality equipment combined with a strong working knowledge of real photography priciples, and a good understanding of the camera and lens itself, will yield better photos every time. And then there is the "extra mile" that good photographers go to get that special shot. I think creativity does play a part, but there is a lot of technical and a lot of experience.

That said, I think a person with all of the above except for the expensive gear can really take nice shots if they know what they are doing, even if they are using a $200 point and shoot.

Its too bad Jofotoz and Pho2gr4 aren't here to add their 2 cents!

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 07/23/2008 at 01:47 PM

"Problem for me though, is that when I take 200 shots, I want at least 100 good ones, and 50 really nice ones, and 25 stunners and at least 3 or 4 jaw dropping photos."

Sounds like I need to start that poll after all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Bart has some awesome photos. The best pick I’ve ever seen of my baby was one of Bart’s. Print out an 8X10 of my big bee and I’ll give you 5 bucks for it. Then you’ll be a Pro!
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Sounds like I need to start that poll after all
    A poll?

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Bart has some awesome photos. The best pick I’ve ever seen of my baby was one of Bart’s. Print out an 8X10 of my big bee and I’ll give you 5 bucks for it. Then you’ll be a Pro!
    Which photo are you talking about? I have SEVERAL awesome shots of your bee in Moab. I bet a lot of the ones my wife probably took. I can send you full res shots of whatever ones you want. In fact, I am still planning to get a DVD and book together. August is my month off from travelling/camping/etc. So I should have time to get a lot done (videos, VX Madness updates, etc). Anyway, upload the photo to Walgreens website and go pick up the print at your local Walgreens 2 hours later. 8x10s are like $3 or something. We have used that service for prints several times with pretty good results. I can't wait for Elko. I have a storyboard drawn up for the opening scene!

Bart

This is it! That would be so cool if you could send that to me.

This is it! That would be so cool if you could send that to me.
    Sure. I can send it tonight from home with a few others. Can your email accept hi-res (5-6 MB) files?

Bart

It can, Thanks again!

It can, Thanks again!
    16MB zip file comin' yer way.

Bart

They are amazing, Thanks! You just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    16MB zip file comin' yer way.

Bart

VX super heroe

Oh yes !

Nothing is better to have your VX towed by one of yours

Better than one VX is two VX's together

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    hey bart did you learn a lesson about mudding without other vehicles nearby to help????

would have been a bad time if clint wouldnt have answered his phone huh?

yea i wish i had some photo's, the other day i got my VX stuck about half way up the doors in some mud...took some bumpings and yanking by my sisters xterra....had to crawl out the window and on the roof to hook up the tow strap in back...

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Take a look at this higher res version:

http://www.nofuture.com/Dsc_4271.jpg

I am *SHOCKED* with the vividness and clarity the D80 with the 18-200 Nikkor lens is producing. I think also the time of day helped (sunset/sunrise is magic hour), but still. I am in with this camera setup. If only I had this lens for for Moab!

Bart

Very nice bart. ya I just bought a D80 and have the basic lense. I have been takeing a crap load of pictures trying to learn what i am doing. The hobby is is expensive tho but still fun. Thier are already other lens's I want but due to cost the basic lens that came with camera will have to do for now.

You do take very good picture and your right I suck @ pictures and my vegas trip I just took pictures turn out really well.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    hey bart did you learn a lesson about mudding without other vehicles nearby to help????
    would have been a bad time if clint wouldnt have answered his phone huh?
    Well, that's the thing. This mud came outta left field! I totally didn't expect it. I mean, I knew it was wet, but a freakin bog?!?! Yes, if Clint didn't answer I would have had to call Ascinder and hope he wasn't working and then after that I would have been up the creek, almost literally!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    Very nice bart. ya I just bought a D80 and have the basic lense. I have been takeing a crap load of pictures trying to learn what i am doing. The hobby is is expensive tho but still fun. Thier are already other lens's I want but due to cost the basic lens that came with camera will have to do for now.
    The kit lens is really not bad at all. 90% of the photos we took in Moab this year were with a kit lens. You already have the D80, which is a SWEET camera, so you are pretty much there. Now just save up for this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-18-200mm...6931084&sr=8-1

Its beauty!

Also, I HIGHLY recommend these 2 books:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photog...6930878&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photog...6930878&sr=8-2

They are cheap and very easy to read and understand. They are loaded with excellent tips and tricks for taking every different kind of shot. The books also tell you about different tools and lenses to use for particular situations. Well worth it if you plan to get more into digital photography.

Bart

sweet, awesome and ty bart.