Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Holy Mud.

Bart if you're ever in a bind feel free to call me if the other two guys fail to show up...

It's only a 6 hour drive... Hope you keep some MREs in the VX

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    hey, well im glad that you did get a hold of clint....because i hate seeing my vx brothers in trouble....

I still cant believe how deep you sank. I wanted to try and drive through some of that while we were out there. The other way though like north to south. Just blast through it... oh well. I could try now im sure its hardened some.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Bart if you're ever in a bind feel free to call me if the other two guys fail to show up...

It's only a 6 hour drive... Hope you keep some MREs in the VX
    LOL, thanks man. Actually, I don't keep any food in the VX, but I do have 2 rolls of TP in there in case of emergency!

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I still cant believe how deep you sank. I wanted to try and drive through some of that while we were out there. The other way though like north to south. Just blast through it... oh well. I could try now im sure its hardened some.
    That's all you, bro! Personally, I don't like driving in mud. The stuff was like GLUE on my rims. I literally had to put the tip of the pressure washer right up to the clumps to break it free. Rediculous.

Bart

Hey, Bart!
    I am sure you are aware your creek crossing snafu is now forever immortalized in the History of the vehicross part 3! It is a great pic, even though it was not where you were expecting to be.
    Kind of reminds me of what could have happend to me if I had tried to cross the snowbound road the first time I was scouting the Laurel Lake trail. Except I would have probably rolled the Dragon and caused great bodily injury to myself and the SnowtrooperJr on Father's day. Almost the same, but I did not have a camera, and the closest VX rescue would have been you, Clint or Beau....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    Hey, Bart!
    I am sure you are aware your creek crossing snafu is now forever immortalized in the History of the vehicross part 3! It is a great pic, even though it was not where you were expecting to be.
    Kind of reminds me of what could have happend to me if I had tried to cross the snowbound road the first time I was scouting the Laurel Lake trail. Except I would have probably rolled the Dragon and caused great bodily injury to myself and the SnowtrooperJr on Father's day. Almost the same, but I did not have a camera, and the closest VX rescue would have been you, Clint or Beau....
    Yeah, i got stuck for a few minutes in the snow once down here, but snow is a little easier imo because it melts fast under the hot VX. Even still, that was a little nerve racking because I was way up a mountain and if I would have had to walk it would have been bad....

Its just a good reminder that wheeling is best done with more than one vehicle!

Bart

"I literally had to put the tip of the pressure washer right up to the clumps to break it free. Rediculous."

Helps if you don't bake it on for 3 days before you try to wash it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    "I literally had to put the tip of the pressure washer right up to the clumps to break it free. Rediculous."

Helps if you don't bake it on for 3 days before you try to wash it off.
    Yeah, I know, I should have went straight to the cleaner, but I didn't, I drove around for about 40 minutes and then washed it off. Its so dry out here (except for in that mud hole, go figure) it hardens almost immediately.

Bart