Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: supercharger overheating

Some food for thought.
    I have run charges down here for years and can tell you that the egr will not help much but the fuel mileage on long closed loop runs. It will do very little for the heat problem.
    A VX has a big problem.. big motor very small bay, now add a charger which is aluminum which will pick up under the hood temp....

I have had luck with only three things..

1) run fat in the summer time. " Do not go and pig out!" I mean run rich on fuel raise the fuel pressure and this will hurt the pocket but save motor and charger wear.
    2) install a lower t stat for summer " which will also cause a fat fuel situation.

3) install a charger cooler and tick-tock oil pump assm to drop charger temps.
    Not cheep but very effective.

The most important thing!
    back the timing off as well to prevent a piston melt down or a pre detonation situation.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene M View Post
    Some food for thought.
    I have run charges down here for years and can tell you that the egr will not help much but the fuel mileage on long closed loop runs. It will do very little for the heat problem.
    A VX has a big problem.. big motor very small bay, now add a charger which is aluminum which will pick up under the hood temp....

I have had luck with only three things..

1) run fat in the summer time. " Do not go and pig out!" I mean run rich on fuel raise the fuel pressure and this will hurt the pocket but save motor and charger wear.
    2) install a lower t stat for summer " which will also cause a fat fuel situation.

3) install a charger cooler and tick-tock oil pump assm to drop charger temps.
    Not cheep but very effective.

The most important thing!
    back the timing off as well to prevent a piston melt down or a pre detonation situation.
    What are your thoughts on going one heat range cooler on the spark plugs?...

The problem with a cooler plug is that there just are not that many available and the individual coil packs are designed for a resistance which will change with a cooler plug there by causing and over fuel when it thinks the plug is fouled. Then the plug does foul out and the idle goes to hell etc.
    I tried it a few times with not much luck. others may feel different.