So quite a while back I posted information about the Gatorback coating for a solution on our faded cladding. I kept waiting for a brave vehicross owner to come forth and put it to the test but have yet to see anyone take the plunge. I myself have hesitated because I do offroad, and I'm concerned about it's scratchability.

I've continued to poke into the Chevy Avalanche user forums every now and then because they also face the same problem as we do with faded cladding - but they're greater in numbers so they parse solutions more quickly.

Behold, a newly discovered product. It isn't a dye, nor a cleaner. It doesn't leave residue, doesn't streak from rain, and apparently lasts for MONTHS. The Avalanche owners are saying it soaks into the cladding, staying there for a considerable amount of time. It's called Refinish Restorer. And the owners over there are raving about it. I can't wait to try it, gonna order some tonight as it's pretty much no risk.

Here's a before and after:

Now the owners are claiming these results hold up for months, I've seen people mentioning 9+ months.

Here's 2 threads worth reading about the topic and more pics:

thread 1

thread 2

Good luck!