So I bought my VX a couple weeks ago, just got it registered last Friday and brought it in today for state inspection.
... it failed miserably

I knew the exhaust had a hole, I knew the tires were bad (but I would hoping they were good enough to pass), the brakes were a little uneven but I didn't think they'd fail, and with my good luck the CEL went on the day before my appointment

-They wanted to put an OEM exhaust on they said it would be $850 for the exhaust alone (haha yeah right)
-The CEL was from the EGR valve throwing a low voltage code.
-The brakes needed new rotors and the calipers were sticking a little (they look pretty bad honestly, I was going to buy rebuilt ones anyway) they also said some garbage about having to repack the bearings which seemed a little odd to me.
-2 of the tires were completely warn on the inside and that means that all 4 should be replaced obviously

oh yeah and I had a plate light out (son of a...)

I took it to this shop because I KNEW the exhaust needed to be replaced and I've had them do custom exhaust work before, after talking to their exhaust guy directly they quoted me $250 to have a custom exhaust built... apparently it will be a little louder than stock (fine by me )

I told them I would take care of the rest of it myself... I will, but I have some questions....

1. Anyone know where the EGR is located on these things? it shares the part with GM and I can find them new and cheap on ebay, also theres a guide on planetisuzoo for fixing this EGR problem so I'll try to fix it, failing that I'll just buy and install a new one... if I can find the damn thing.

2. I really wanted to go bigger on the tires but there's no way I can afford a lift right now with all these other repairs.... even still is it possible to fit 265/75/R16s on the factory 16" wheels with no lift? that size would look pretty good IMO and if I'm going to buy new I'd like to at least go a little bigger. it's only an extra 1" in radius and 1" in width over stock.

3. Brakes... I've never heard anyone here mention having to repack the bearings when replacing the rotors. ... the calipers I've got are horribly rusty and I was going to replace them anyway (along with some SS lines) but the sets I've seen on eBay are all single piston... are the FRONT brakes on this thing really SINGLE piston?!? that seems quite small for such a heavy vehicle.

Does anyone know of a compatible bigger caliper?

4. I think the FSM I ordered came in today, I also just purchased an OBDII reader so I can run my own diagnostics and clear codes. Is there any other tips and advice the VX community could provide to help me out here?