Is anyone out there keeping track of how many VX's are known to have been wrecked?

I realize it's hard to keep track of VX's in known working condition seeing as most people wouldn't want to give up their VIN... but I would think keeping a list of known VXs in junk yards would give a good estimate of how many there are left in the world.

I ask because I'm a member of a 240sx owners club, the 240sx convertible was a rare car with less than 6000 made world wide. They've started an owners registry as well as a list of known wrecks... I've been told by the people managing this registry that keeping track of this is required to earn the car "collector's car status" within the US which entitles it to certain benefits designed to encourage owners to take better car of their vehicle such as tax brakes for expenses in maintaining it as well as emissions/inspection exemptions and reduced registration costs in particular states.

I must say I was quite surprised a similar project wasn't started among VX owners.... or maybe it has and I'm just not aware of it.