Thread: Kids on the Rocks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Kids on the Rocks

This past weekend, the Jeep club I am a member in did a off-road event that was fantastic. We coordinated with a organization for the mentally disabled and took about 30 guests on an off-road adventure. If any of you ever hear of the Kids on the Rocks event, I urge you to participate. I had a couple of really great passengers. Sure made my quit complaining about the little things in my life. I posted some pics.

http://www.independent-solutions.net...ml/pics_4.html
    MODIFICATIONS:
    285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Steel braided brake calbes, K&N Air Filter, Window Tinting, Debadged, 3 inch lift, Custom boulder bars, Yakima Roof Rack w/ Iron Hoarse Cage, Pioneer DEH-P6000UB deck, and more to come (once the funds do).

Awesome! Kudos to you man. I do something similar but with horseback riding. I totally enjoy working with disabled folks and showing them a good time. It's always a great payoff seeing them smile and enjoying themselves.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Dave, I think that's terrific. And always glad to see another NetObjects Fusion user

Originally posted by IsuZOOM
    Dave, I think that's terrific. And always glad to see another NetObjects Fusion user
    Its a really basic site - This is an example of my normal NetObjects work...

http://montevistavet.com/

nice site, I love this pic I actually worked on NetObjects from v3.0 through MX, before they were purchased by WSP. Lately I code everything by hand though.

That's great

Great to hear that... my wife's brother lives with us because he is autistic. I don't know about everyone else, but he's one developmentally disabled person who just LOVES trucks, and I pick him up from a day program every day and he really enjoys getting to ride in the VehiCross. :-) Now I need to just teach him to pronounce it right. Amanda (my wife) told him it was like a Jeep sort of, so now he calls it the "Jeep truck", and of course we just CANNOT have that. :-)

Re: That's great

[i] Amanda (my wife) told him it was like a Jeep sort of, so now he calls it the "Jeep truck", and of course we just CANNOT have that. :-) [/B]
    Thats funny - they were calling mine the spaceship

Hmmm... just noticed it says I'm a supercharged VXer on my posts now. Must have something to do with posting numbers or something else, because I don't remember dropping three grand on the supercharger and I think I would if I had.

Originally posted by Heraclid
    Hmmm... just noticed it says I'm a supercharged VXer on my posts now. Must have something to do with posting numbers or something else, because I don't remember dropping three grand on the supercharger and I think I would if I had.
    Don't you know how this site works! Once you post a hundred times you can walk out to your VX, pop the hood and there it is, it's nothing less than amazing!

It's funny though I actually sent my first payment towards my SC and the next time I checked I was a super-charged VXer, quite the coincidence.

What the heck is a 'Zoid?

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    It is the dude sitting between the Noobee and the Super Charged VXer

~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets