Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Could be a good deal, VX on Ebay

I asked mdmason12 the following:

"Where did you get those HD stickers? Can this car transform into a Fatboy?"

He replied, "The metal badging was available through HD. And if you can be clasified as a Fatboy and purchase it. There you go!"

I wish it was a transformer...lol

my friend has a HDTV....It has a HDTV sticker on it..it must be a Harley-Davidson TV...wow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Q. Whats the difference between a Harley and a Vacuum Cleaner?

A. On a Harley the dirtbag rides on top.

... or in this case they apply Harley badges to a Japanese SUV and try to pass it off as a special edition. As if Harley _or_ Isuzu would go for that partnership.

HEY.. careful with the Harley comments.. some of us in here choose to have more then 1 interest in life..

it's all in fun, I've friends and co-workers alike who are Harley owners, one of my good friends is a former Harley mechanic. Who do you think told me that joke

I must admit though... there's something wrong with the ones who feel the need to plaster the HD logo EVERYWHERE...

"Incase you couldn't tell from my harley hat, vest, and Tee shirt... I'm thinking of buying a Harley"

We all love the isuzu vehicross... Yet most of us removed all references to isuzu or vehicross. I like the harley riders who do the same. Besides it helps your street cred.

Ad translated...

Quote Originally Posted by clive goodridge View Post
    Hi
    I emailed the seller and asked if he had fitted the badges himself?
    His reply is below:

The HDVX was developed by the design team of MDM Motorsports in the early part of 1999.
    A bunch of MDM dudes were down at the local pub throwing back a few brewskys,
    This was their concept of what a Harley Davidson endorsed vehicle should be.
    when one guy says "anybody seen that new Isuzu thing? That thang would look gnarley with some Harley badges on it!"
    The Idea to use the Vehicross platform was suggested by one of the Ducati engineers who was part of the design team for Isuzu.
    The guy riding the Ducati replies, "Yeah, just don't be puttin' no Duc badges on that ugly POS!'
    This is the prototype for this project.
    Billy Bob remember that one of their customers has a neighbor that is dating the sister of a guy that bought a VX.
    The metal badging was applied during detailing.
    So they all jump in Billy Bob's F250, find the VX, and plaster it with all kinds of stickers using crazy glue that will NEVER come off. They also pelted it with eggs and chicken feathers. Took the guy a week to "detail it."
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Now that's funny, finally someone with a sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    In his words on the listing: "Created to represent the concept of an Isuzu-based Harley Davidson vehicle."

It does represent the concept, if it in fact had ever happened but it never did, outside of this one VX that someone "created to represent" what it would've looked like if "Ford ended up receiving the contract with Harley Davidson", but it did not ever happen. Interesting way of listing the VX it is very deceiving, and not really true, but if you really highlight the "created to represent" then you understand that this is just one persons dream as to what it would've looked like if the next sentence was true, but it is not. Interesting to say the least. Oh and I think the whole Harley Davidson thing on 4 wheel vehicles is completely tacky and almost as bad as having Nascar written all over a road going car. I mean come on a Harley is a Harley, it is not some truck package, and if you love Harley's get one and drive it, if you like trucks get one and drive it, don't combine the two they are totally seperate things. If you are pulling a trailer with a Harley on it, then just put the tacky Harley stickers on the trailor not the nice truck or SUV pulling the trailor. Just my 2 cents, this is definitely not my style and I am so so glad that Isuzu did not release the Harley Davidson edition VX! But it is interesting to see that someone would actually prefer that. I like the Ironman edition about 300x more than this.
    Littlebeast i agree 100% with you,all that BS is just nonesense
    Dakar was just the begining.

Harley putting there emblems on a foreign vehicle? Come on, not going to happen.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Littlebeast i agree 100% with you,all that BS is just nonesense
    Oh and a follow up, I saw 2 trailors today each being pulled by jacked up F250's with sweet rims and tires. One trailor was a Delorean trailor with all their stickers on there (the home of Delorean is now here in Houston), and the other trailor was a Harley Davidson Trailor with HD stickers all over it with logos and photos and everything, and guess what? The trucks were nicely modified Fords with nice rims and tires and not one single HD sticker or Delorean sticker on either, it made me smile..... I almost teared up

Well Depending on reserve this could shape up to be a killer deal IMO... de-badging shouldn't be too difficult

But if this goes for <$12,000 I definitely would have bought it (had I not been a proud owner already)

Quote Originally Posted by MDMason View Post
    Now that's funny, finally someone with a sense of humor!
    And the owner of said vehicle speaks! Yeah, people have a sense of humor but the representation of your vehicle is downright bizarre. But I too enjoy a good laugh and that you have certainly provided.
    Scott

Thumbs down sigh

Ah man that poor VX needs a new home! Everytime I look at it I can't believe it is a VX, after seeing all the unique things all the members on here have done to their VX's this one just makes me sad. The only thing it has going for it is the Supercharger and low miles. Cladding looks like it has never been correctly protected, tires look like the discount tire special buy 3 tires get one free, and debadging the nice emblems and putting on Harley stickers, oh that poor VX needs an overhaul, I really hope the new owner becomes a member here and can at least buy some clear corner markers and get rid of all that HD stuff.

Hopefully he will tell the new owner about Vehicross.info but if we keep ripping on his VX he might pass.....

I am thinking it could go for $15k-16k what do you guys think? Reserve is probably $14k or so I am thinking. Somebody is going to get a good project car.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Does it come with a certificate of authenticity?
    I'd really like to see that PDF. HAHA