Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For all you Hummer fans....

For all you Hummer fans....

Just came across this. Looks painful, but it says a lot about them expensive boats.

http://www.mpjforums.com/forum/attac...s=&postid=8289
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

well they were probalby going pretty quick ... no car/suv would look good after something like that =/ hummers are nice tho...for ballers
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    OUCH!

That one must have been hit by a LARGER ship from the 'Asteroids' game...
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Here's another for all you hummer fans, some folks make it look easy to tip over a hummer, this idiot uses just one hand

http://www.whiteknight.ca/hum.mpeg

Live Free or DIE!

One thing is for sure.... I would rather be the driver in that dually in the background. I think the driver of the Hummer has a hell of a headache.

Wink

H2 Hummer= glorified Suburban

I don't care for Hummers, all the owners think they can go anywhere I just tell them to follow me down a 4-wheeler trail and I'll see them at the end.... hehehe (hope you don't care about that paint). Up here in Alaska when the H2 first came out the owner of the Hummer company had a seizure or something driving in downtown anchorage. He hit 8-10 cars before it ever came to a stop.

Talking A reall Hummer or just one of those car H2's?

I would trade my VX straight up any day for a reall Hummer. But, I would never even put an H2 anywhere near in the category as a reall Hummer. The H2 is not a Hummer at all, it is GM motor's way of ruining a fine thing AM general had going.
    I have been looking so hard to find an owner of a H2, just to talk that stupid poor sole into following me up a trail!!!! I would love to humiliate him and let them know they overspent by $30 to $40, 000 too much on that car that could only drive over curbs and speed bumps in the city.....and smash like a tin can extremely well.;Dp;

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by hchen
    well they were probalby going pretty quick ... no car/suv would look good after something like that =/
    Oh really?

I'm not a Hummer fan, but have to give credit where credit's due. The H2 is a real Hummer, and GM pretty much listened to what the Hummer folk had to say when it was time to design and build the thing. Personally, gimme a 416 DoKa UNIMOG any day of the week and I'll drag any Hummer through the mud or over the rocks. Until then, I'll just lose 'em on the trail with the VX!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

My neighbor told me that, at some point, some time ago, either a company or the government was liquidating some used Hummers for a VERY low price (I want to say like $500). The catch... they stated that they were somewhat "disassembled". Not too sure if that meant COMPLETELY taken apart, or disassembled for shipment to where ever this place was. You got to pick between a few different models, including a medic model and a transport model.

Needless to say, he never did it... but it would be worth it! Can you imagine buying one and finding someone to reassemble it, for somewhere around $5k-$6k (with transport charges)? Damn, that would have been nice.

Lightbulb

If they're like typical military "disassembled" surplus that means they've been demilled. In other words, cut into quartered sections by a torch. They used to do that to jeeps. You can get surplus Humvees and there's several web resources. Check out the MVPA as a good place to start. All the units I've seen are in the $10K to $15K range.

Here's the "official" reason from the government why you'll find it hard to get a military Humvee -> LINK

http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Co...ct/View/211801

"add to cart"

My buddy bought one of these from there for about $6k: 6 wheel drive, Turbo multi-fuel, 24v ysytem,snorkel intake and exhaust. We crossed water deeper than the hood with it.

John C.

Hotsauce, I'd take that over a Hummer, and to think it's about 1/10th the price. It's amazing what people will pay for the name. I bet I know someone that would be interested in it, thanks for posting this. How fast can it go, will it do the speed limit? street legal? I'd totally sport it!

Thumbs up

Those bad boys will do highway speeds. Build a little self contained camper on back and camp anywhere! Plus its a convirtible...and auto tranny! I didn't relize you could get them that cheap. I have seen mil surplus Hummers in good shape for 15-25k at several surplus places in California.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)