Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Texas (Austin) Meet-Nov 14 & 15. **CANCELED**

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    lol its almost like Moab, although I am tons better than I used to be!
    I'm sorry to hear that...

OK guys - I get the picture - I'm gonna miss all the fun. It was bad enough when I admitted Ryan was right - don't rub salt in the wound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

iamironman- no frat party dealings here. A few social beer/cocktails (I'm a lightweight at best) and general visiting. The past gatherings have been adults but we've never had a problem with inviting children; it's just we've (to my fading memory) never had any attend. Boredom might be an issue however with the wee ones. For the most part prior Houston meets have consisted of meeting at my place, messin with & lookin over other's rides, VX caravan to dinner, and farewells. It's always worth the trip from where ever you call home as Gill, who hails from Chicago and holds the traveling record, can attest when he made the run south to join us years ago. Now we're just taking the Houston Fall Meet on a roadtrip to our amigos in Austin (a meet is not a meet without J & R in attendance so we're headin northwest). Bottom line-friends are always welcome.

Let the attendance list continue on................................
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 10/01/2008 at 11:17 AM
    George, Cary, & Roxie the English Bulldog..''99 silver #1897

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by geshaw30 View Post
    It's always worth the trip from where ever you call home as Gill, who hails from Chicago and holds the traveling record, can attest when he made the run south to join us years ago.
    Let the attendance list continue on................................
    Man! I wish I had more days off, and a LOT more $$$. I'd love to head down and hang out with y'all again! I made the first trip because I missed Moab... now I'm missing out on the Texas meet because of Moab. Well, at least it's because of conflicting VX reasons. Still I hate missing out. Now, any of you thinking of going... GO!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    OMG Tim G is going!!! Everyone has to go otherwise it will be years before we see him again! Seriously, Tim, glad your making it out!!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Tim I am so glad I saw you on the road yesterday, I am even more glad you visited the forum again and are coming to the meet in Austin, can't wait to see you and everybody else there, should be a good time.

I don't know when everyone is driving from Houston, but would it be out of the question to start a convoy? I will be staying at my sisters house on Lake Travis in Spicewood just outside of Austin, what is everyone else palling on doing?

Cary & I will be leaving Katy and heading out for the Renaissance Hotel by noon(ish) on Friday.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I was thinking about doing something at my house.....not used to entertaining, but I have a good view and a great offroad course type thing everyone can try! I am just further northwest of Austin by about 25 miles.....

Pout pout pout... I wanna goooo!!! Well, have fun everyone!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

I was thinking about doing something at my house.....not used to entertaining, but I have a good view and a great offroad course type thing everyone can try! I am just further northwest of Austin by about 25 miles.....
    Sounds good I am staying at my sister and her husband's place in Spicewood on Lake Travis, I am up for anything. Can't wait to see everybody.

Alright so here is the dealio.....I was thinking head out to my house around 5pm from Austin, it is about 20 miles NW of Austin, but a nice drive. I was thinking head up the 'back way' to my house...teehehehe....and have a drink and some light easy finger food. (I still need to try the 'back way' myself as its been awhile) Everyone let me know your thoughts....maybe we could leave from Tones since that is where 'maintainence' stuff will be happening.....

Alright so here is the dealio.....I was thinking head out to my house around 5pm from Austin, it is about 20 miles NW of Austin, but a nice drive. I was thinking head up the 'back way' to my house...teehehehe....and have a drink and some light easy finger food. (I still need to try the 'back way' myself as its been awhile) Everyone let me know your thoughts....maybe we could leave from Tones since that is where 'maintainence' stuff will be happening.....
    Are you talking Fri or Sat. I thought the maintainence stuff was on Sat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

sorry...yes Saturday 5pm leaving Tones and heading to Crazy House......lol

Is anybody doing anything on Fri PM?

I would think who ever is in town at that time, we can all meet somewhere for dinner!