Thread: 100 ugliest cars ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I disagree with choice #8. The HUMMER is a TRUCK, not a car, and this opinion poll is about cars, not trucks (by nature of the article's title, possibly why the Isuzu VehiCROSS is not listed as it is a truck). Plus it's the HUMMER HX/H-4 "2-Door Concept" which isn't even scheduled for mass production until 2010. They forgot to mention a third appropriate place for this vehicle in the article-- MY DRIVEWAY!!! Those Brit's seriously need to lay off the green (cannibis) tea!!! Enough said.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    I disagree with choice #8. The HUMMER is a TRUCK, not a car, and this opinion poll is about cars, not trucks (by nature of the article's title, possibly why the Isuzu VehiCROSS is not listed as it is a truck). Plus it's the HUMMER HX/H-4 "2-Door Concept" which isn't even scheduled for mass production until 2010. They forgot to mention a third appropriate place for this vehicle in the article-- MY DRIVEWAY!!! Those Brit's seriously need to lay off the green (cannibis) tea!!! Enough said.

I wouldnt get overly technical here... 'car' obviously refers to 'consumer vehicle' ... doesnt matter if it is a 'car' or a 'truck' or a '3 wheeler with a passenger compartment'
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

come on

This is a list compiled and voted on by the british. They are responsible for most of the ugly cars on the road and the POS on the side of the road. Their main guy in electrics is Lucas the dreaded Lord of Darkness. The only thing his company made that didn't suck was a vacuum cleaner. You might as well ask their opinion of the 100 worst tasting food (anything trhat isn't boiled) or who has the best smiles.

The Fiat Doblo came in at 95 ... shoulda been #2 ... FUGLY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I hate to say...but for a second I wanted an aztek. I think it was only because of the cooler console that could hold a twelve pack of........

I will also mention I am now a fan of the Alfa Romeo SZ...never knew it existed.

They have a Range Rover on the list and no VX, WTH! Steve, you need to send in some pix! I guess the VX is just to rare.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    They have a Range Rover on the list and no VX, WTH! Steve, you need to send in some pix! I guess the VX is just to rare.
    Yep - WAY too rare...

Us Brits have designed some stinkers over the years, but British design skills are the best in the world (says the former product designer) and vehicle makers around the globe fall over themselves to hire us - even US ones...

In the 70s and 80s British manufacturing (particularly of cars and car components) sucked. It sucked monkey nuts as Trade Unions were running (actually "closing") the nationalised motor factories with no concept of "quality" with which to put into practice the great ideas of the design departments.

IMHO of course...

The Aztek is a fugly POS, the Alfa SZ is gloriously gorgeous when you see it in the flesh -particularly in the sun at a French service station.

A

Why oh Why

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Nice play on words there! Why are we picking on the Brits though? We have UK members here so obviously some of them know what's up! And, besides, the Aztec was pretty damn ugly - and it is American.

Can't take full credit for the Lucas quote it is from another site I frequent. But I pick on the British because I have a LBC and it is the most frustrating yet sporty car I have ever owned a 1974 Jensen Healey. Lets see you buy a car own it for 7 years without being able to drive it pay twice what it is worth to fix it up and see how you feel. I think I am finally going to have it road worthy and driving next week or the week after