Thread: Where were you 9-11-2001

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where were you 9-11-2001

Can you believe it has been 7 years since the planes flew into the world trade center buildings in New York. I had never been to New York until after 9-11 and did not really know the size of the world trade center buildings.
    I went to the site and saw a massive hole in the ground where the buildings once stood. It makes you realize how short life is.
    On 9-11-2001, I was at one of the resorts I manage on the beach getting ready for our morning coffee and donuts to meet our residents staying at the resort for the week. I manage timeshare resorts. The television was on in the office and I saw one of the world trade center buildings on fire. News was that a plane hit the building. Not knowing the size of the building, I thought it was a small prop plane. A few minutes, live on TV, I saw the 2nd plane crash into the other building. I will never forget that felling that we were under attack by terrorists. Innocent people just doing there jobs. I do not know anyone who died on that terrible day, but I an sure that some of my VX family does.
    Never forget those who died that day.

I was back in Mexico City in 7th grade i remember our school principals came to our class explaining to us what happened and telling us that this might be the begening of WWIII and the whole day we were watching the news during class
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Unhappy I remember it like it was yesterday...

They say, you will never forget what you were doing as you found out. I remember the day clearly. My mom was nagging me to get up and drop my brother off at school. Of course I was being an *** about it because I had to walk to school everyday. But I eventually got up and drove him there. On my way back, I fell asleep at the wheel, but woke up because of the line breaks between lanes (they use those little ball things instead of white paint). Lucky I had taken a back road that no one ever used before. I got home stragled up the stair to go back to sleep, but glanced at the TV in my parents room to see the first tower in flames moments before the second one hit... I just couldn't believe what I was seeing... Thinking that it has to be a movie or something.... sure enough it was real and live. A few weeks later, my dad was sent out there (overseas, don't know where exactly) for a month or so... I personally didn't know anyone that was in the towers when it had happened, but do know some friends that had friends or family lost in the towers.

RIP, and never forget...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Walking the dog,got back right after the first plane hit.They still thought it was an accident at this point.Then the second plane hit.No accident. My wife and several good friends are flight attendents for American Airlines.In New York no less. I managed to get them on the phone before all the cells went down. That was good-still a sad day. Went from a good dog walk to shock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

http://members.aol.com/jchristou/WTC/blast2.jpg

I have other images that out of respect I will not show.

I took that as the second place hit.

I felt the heat of the blast lick my face, and moments afterwards, the pressure wave against my chest.

I remember the acrid smell.

I remember the otherwise beautiful clear day, and millions of pages of paper floating in the sky like some perverse snowglobe had been shaken.

I remember seeing jumpers. Sometimes two or three together, holding hands. They struggeled to maintain their balance as they fell. As if it mattered what part of their body hit the ground first.

I still remember the sound of them hitting the pavement

A customer at the counter got a call from his girlfriend on the 97th floor "I'm trapped here, I called to say goodbye"

I was one of the 'Dust People' you might have seen on TV running for their lives.

All these things I can't forget. I'm not sure I would if I could.

I'm not ready to forgive any time soon either.

John C.
    Last edited by Hotsauce : 09/12/2008 at 04:14 PM

I was in the second day of a military simulation conference in Orlando. I was running one of the sessions that day with at least a hundred+ people in the audience when... well, if you've seen The Siege, you've seen what I experienced. In the middle of a talk, cell phones started ringing and vibrating throughout the room and people started whispering and leaving the room.
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI