Thread: Miracle Mileage Magic!!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal

Miracle Mileage Magic!!

With so many people monkeying around with explosive gas generators, fuel ionizing magnets, and electronic ECU interceptors, I thought it's time for a reality check.

THERE ARE NO MIRACULOUS MILEAGE EXTENDERS THAT THE GOVERNMENT AND THE CAR COMPANIES DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT.

If you still like to to believe conspiracy-theory fairy tales like that, then it's time for a little growing up. Yeah, that is a blunt and off-putting statement, but I think it has to be said. Here's a lesson from real life - five people cannot agree on where to go to lunch, never mind agreeing on how and why to control the world or assassinate JFK.

If it's too good to be true, it isn't.
    If it defies the laws of physics, it doesn't.
    If you get excited by a sales pitch or the promise no one else can make, you have fallen for a sales pitch for a bogus product.

If one of these miracles in a little black box actually worked, then every auto manufacturer would have developed their own version of the system by now and installed it across the model line (or at least offer it as an option). And I'm not talking about one of these McGyver'ed messes being debated in that other thread on this board. I mean a works-in-the-real-world, fully-developed, warrantied-to-100k-miles engine component like all the other real mileage-improving or performance-enhancing mechanisms available today, like hybrid power-trains, variable valve timing, and direct-injection engines.

If you want to play with explosives under your hood, go for it. But I don't particularly want to see this board cluttered up with an endless recitation of the miraculous claims of others while you "develop" your system and jabber about the technical issues of why it hasn't yet reached it's full potential for extending mileage 20% to 40% - when what you mean is it doesn't work. If you think it really does, then spend some time trying playing devil's advocate and see if you can't figure out why it seems to work but really doesn't.

Man, I'm turning into a crotchety old fart waaaay before my time!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Man, I'm turning into a crotchety old fart waaaay before my time!
    Haha, but I am a 27 yr old that agrees with you 100%, lol, guess I am an old fart as well. I like my 13-15 miles to the gallon as long as they are in style

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    I like my 13-15 miles to the gallon as long as they are in style
    LOL,, Nice way to look at it. If I drove a 2-handled toilet I would complain alittle more about fuel cost. But since we ride in style It's not so bad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    If I drove a 2-handled toilet I would complain alittle more about fuel cost. But since we ride in style It's not so bad...
    HAHAHAHA, oh wow I needed that!!!!! yeah if I drove a "normal" car I would need at least 100 miles to the gallon, actually no, I would still not drive it, thanks for the laugh that is great stuff!

I take it you just had lunch with some co-workers who were making some "black helicopter" claims?

That rant came out of nowhere (and everywhere), hehehe.

BTW, it is very true though. Even with the already available tech (though hardly worth the pricetag) in vehicles such as the Prius, it means little when the actual cosmetic design of the car looks like crap. It's no wonder they don't sell more of them.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Nice, it’s conspiracy theory time! This is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbakN...eature=related
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    ... Yeah, that is a blunt and off-putting statement, but I think it has to be said....

I love this board.. you guys are way too kind and infinitely more mature than the other car boards I frequent.

+1 on everything you said about the miracle mileages boosters too...

As for my Favorite Conspiracy ... Rainbows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFdbUEq5s
    Last edited by twistedsymphony : 09/24/2008 at 12:15 PM