Thread: stalling when starting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Check your air filter and the connector that is attached to the air filter cover. My wife had the problem with her VX dying after I had installed new headlight bulbs. She called me from work with her story and I told her to stop at a automotive store and have one of the young bucks put some fuel cleaner in her tank (ha ha). It did ok for her running around at lunch but then acted up again on her way home. After thinking about what the problem could be I realized I had left the connector off. Just some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by soggybottomboyz View Post
    Check your air filter and the connector that is attached to the air filter cover. My wife had the problem with her VX dying after I had installed new headlight bulbs. She called me from work with her story and I told her to stop at a automotive store and have one of the young bucks put some fuel cleaner in her tank (ha ha). It did ok for her running around at lunch but then acted up again on her way home. After thinking about what the problem could be I realized I had left the connector off. Just some food for thought.
    i did this with my mass air flow sensor plug before - but that wasnt the case this time - checked every vacuum hose and plug i could see and everything looked good - plus, if it was a plug disconnected you should almost certainly throw a code