Thread: My RX-8 was hit while parked in parking lot, not driveable!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sterling Auto Body out in Missouri City (basically in Houston), decided that the panels did not need replacing so they have repaired the door and the rear quarter panel. I went and looked at the work today before it was sent to paint and I have never seen my car that dirty! It has bondo shavings and bondo dust all over it!!!!! And the door/panel lines are not uniform at all. It did not pass their own inspection test because of this and if they cannot fix it they will order a new quarter panel.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Ughhhh, HATE bondo!! What a pain, sorry Ryan!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I think it's a whole-Texas thing for safety on a motorcycle. Cage drivers are really something else here...i've yet to form a concrete theory on the how's and why's. From the Ft Hood area (through temple, between Waco/Austin), I could hazard a guess it's attributable to rural drivers suddenly getting a lot of out-of-state traffic. And a lot of rural roads that are similarly unprepared. Southern CA the traffic is a lot more dense and you're technically in more danger, lane splitting and everyone's going at a decent clip...but in TX, it's just like they're all unaware of anyone else. There are drastically less cars here, but there are drastically more stupid things being done on TX roads--this from my own eyes, not anecdote. I truly am scared of traffic on my bike in TX.

Still better than iraqi drivers! WHile I get a tax payer funded steel cage to ride around in, their compact vehicles crush pretty easily. Funny, i don't see too many collisions unless it's between military and civilian. Guys on 50cc bikes buzzing around weaving through traffic and over bumps/holes...not one traffic incident caused flying body!
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND