Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Selfish Fallout3 plug

Selfish Fallout3 plug

Fallout 3 has officially gone GOLD. Will be on shelves Oct. 28th (US) for 360, PS3, and PC.

Announcement

Would love to try to get a heavily discounted group buy for everyone here but it looks like it's gonna be tough with the demand on retail and pre-orders. I will keep you all posted if I get some luck in that dept.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

What a shameless plug!

But a discount would be very cool.

In any case-- looking forward to the game, it looks to be very good.

I still have the original game.

Wasteland

John C.

YEAH!!!! Cant wait! I'm down for a group buy if possible!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Fallout 3 has officially gone GOLD. Will be on shelves Oct. 28th (US) for 360, PS3, and PC.
    Who is publishing it? Or more precisely, will its copy protection make my computer cry?

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    So, which version do you recommend? Since it's available for both consoles, is it safe to assume that the PS3 version won't be much better than the 360, if at all?

I know I should just update my PC and go that route but too many of my friends are on the consoles now...
    ________
    Sex Advice Dicussion
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Who is publishing it? Or more precisely, will its copy protection make my computer cry?
    I know you aren't asking if you can steal a game that a fellow VX'er and his team spent tens of thousands of hours developing, are you?
    ________
    Armenian Recipes
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:18 PM

99 White, 99 Astral Silver, 01 Kaiser Silver
    might have to call the siia! :P
    Brian Cozzens - Art Director
    Borderlands / Aliens: Colonial Marines
    www.gearboxsoftware.com

That’s a game I’ll pay full price for.
    So is there any VX Easter eggs in there Gary?

PS: The PC version is always better.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

I like to mess with the mods that fans put out so it gets a lot of longevity there. So, that's a vote for long game life on PC.

I also like parking my arse on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table, so playing on 360 is also a huge advantage for comfort, heh.

PS3.... I dunno. Don't owned one and honestly never played a game on one. Hell, I don't even know if I know where the power button is on one, heh.

I am not aware of any computer eating DRM on the PC version. Copy protection is probably not much different than Oblivion's was, though I wouldn't quote me on that. I think I have read some previews already that stated that, compared to other games out there that ran people through the gauntlet of DRMs, Fallout3 was a happy medium in comparison. Don't think I would worry there.

Sadly, it looks like a 360 version slipped the cracks too. I don't know the whole story, but my only guess would be that a press-reviewer's copy fell into loose hands and they managed to strip it and torrent it. So folks with the know-how are dl'ing an ISO and slapping it on disk to play on their modded 360 (I think the word was that it had to be modded, not 100% sure). regardless, and this is s funny story, yesterday, someone was playing it and realtime streaming. A couple of us were watching it online here and wouldnt ya know it.... the numbnut opened his dash blade and BOOYAH, we got his Live name, hahahaha. The intelligence level of petty crooks just isn't as romantic as it used to be.

Ya, I'll keep my ears open for copies and prices in hopes of putting a group buy together. Been getting harder to do lately, but it's always worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by phines View Post
    I know you aren't asking if you can steal a game that a fellow VX'er and his team spent tens of thousands of hours developing, are you?
    Oh, no. Hell no! I've got my white hat firmly screwed on. But I've also got my Consumerist hat screwed on. I won't support an industry that treats me like a criminal.

For instance, I loved the SystemShock series of games. They make amazing worlds, and so I was thrilled to see them back with BioShock. But I simply could not give my money to them when they insisted on taking away my rights. In that case, it was the right to run Microsoft's Process Monitor.

So, I never bought BioShock. I never stole it, either. It is one thing to screw over EA. It is another thing entirely to screw over the developers, who did nothing wrong and everything right. I'll buy BioShock in an instant once the DRM is replaced.

I think I probably will buy Fallout3. My friends have told me that the previous games were a riot, and Bethesda apparently has an enlightened view of their customers.

Besides... I'd be supporting someone who is keeping a VX out of the junkyard.

I know I'm only one person, but I hope the message gets to the video game companies -- all the media companies: I want your product. I'll pay you for your product. All you need to do is deliver a good product.

Awesome! Congrats Gary, I am sure it's nice to have gone gold.

What are you working on next?

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleboy View Post
    might have to call the siia! :P
    Is Aliens going to have a Bata test run? If it is let us know, I’d like to sign up!

EA has a bad habit of hijacking your system. BFME II was the worst for that. If you didn’t have fresh unmodified install of windows it didn’t work. They’ve lightened up since then. Sales for the game dropped because no one could get it to work. The copy protection ruined a very good game.

PS: Fallout 3 is going to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    For instance, I loved the SystemShock series of games. They make amazing worlds, and so I was thrilled to see them back with BioShock. But I simply could not give my money to them when they insisted on taking away my rights. In that case, it was the right to run Microsoft's Process Monitor.

So, I never bought BioShock. I never stole it, either. It is one thing to screw over EA. It is another thing entirely to screw over the developers, who did nothing wrong and everything right. I'll buy BioShock in an instant once the DRM is replaced.
    For the record, today I made good on that promise. 2K removed SecuROM from the Steam installs a while back but didn't really make a big deal about it. The DRM is gone, the game is still interesting, so today I bought it.

The devs still lost, though: I bought it for $20 instead of the $50 it was going for when it was shiny and new. Well, if any of their devs end up in my area, I'll buy 'em a beer.

Now I've got something to keep me amused untill Fallout3 comes out.

I've already got the collectors Edition Pre-Ordered for the Xbox 360...

This is probably one of my most anticipated games of the year.... and I play a lot of games... like a LOT of games.

by last count I had 106 games in my 360 collection alone.

Bioshock is amazing though... That's easily one of my favorite current generation games so far...

As for the whole DRM thing, I completely agree. I loath DRM and it's the reason I refuse to buy DRM music or even most PC games.

I used to play mainly on PC but
    Wasting time installing and configuring things, buggy software that made me wait for a patch before I could enjoy the game I bought, constant expensive upgrades to the hardware, DRM, and generally being much more comfortable on a couch than at my computer led me to switch to consoles exclusively about 7 years ago.. I don't miss PC gaming one bit.

oh and WormGod, if you're ever interested in how hacked consoles work let me know. I'm a staff member on Xbox-Scene and while I've never modified a Xbox 360 to play pirated games, I'm familiar with the process, and the how any why it works.
    Last edited by twistedsymphony : 10/12/2008 at 11:46 AM