Thread: Window Rain Guard

Question Window Rain Guard

Does anyone know where I could purchase a window rain guard for the VX? I've seen some on some VXs before, but I'm having a difficult time finding them. Thanks for your help with this problem.

I think they call them wind deflectors:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jht...equestid=20295

If the link doesn't work, just enter Isuzu and then VehiCROSS and choose Exterior Accessories.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

Smile

MacNeil WeatherFlectors -
    These are really nice.. no clips or adhesives.. just pop right in.

http://www.weathertech.com/

This link takes you directly to the VehiCROSS application page.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

I have been b!tching about the rain for some time now, its about time I do something about it! Thanx for the link!

What brand do VX owners use?

Thanks for the help. What brands do the other VX owners use? Any pros or cons about any brands would be helpful. Does the brand that snaps in really hold GOOD with out any sticky tape?

There's a Firefox Red in the Dallas area w/ a sunroof that has some nice guards on his VX. Are you out there? What kind do you have? I think Jay Dunford knows him. Thanks.

MacNeil

MacNeil is the way to go as our options are very limited- no sticky tape (they hold very well) and look very clean & OEM like. The only other model I would consider would be the Japanese aftermarket version but not available anymore...

I wished they helped with wind a little more than they do but otherwise happy with the WeatherFlectors.

-gruven
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Re: What brand do VX owners use?

Originally posted by tomdietrying
    There's a Firefox Red in the Dallas area w/ a sunroof that has some nice guards on his VX. Are you out there? What kind do you have? I think Jay Dunford knows him. Thanks.
    That would be VX69 here on the board. I don't remember if his were stick-on or not. I have had the McNeil 'flectors on mine for over 3 years w/o a problem.

go with the weathertech windguards. i have a pair and yea, they look OEM. the stickons dont have the same aesthetic qualities. anyways...wind deflector or not...it doesnt help that much...i can open mine about 1 1/2 - 2 inches for the rain not to get in...that's only if teh rain isnt blowing int he direction towards my window. it's hard to ash out the window like that...oh well.
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Originally posted by hchen
    go with the weathertech windguards. i have a pair and yea, they look OEM. the stickons dont have the same aesthetic qualities. anyways...wind deflector or not...it doesnt help that much...i can open mine about 1 1/2 - 2 inches for the rain not to get in...that's only if teh rain isnt blowing int he direction towards my window. it's hard to ash out the window like that...oh well.
    I'm sure it's better than no wind deflector, when the first time you start your car and move up to a stop sign (downhill) you get pretty wet on the left side and a little pool on your seat soaking into your pants.

Does it suck to ash out the window with these if its not raining?

Thumbs up Window Wind Deflectors

I've have McNeil deflectors and am very happy with them. Installation was quick and easy. Tint light enought to see through(no blind spot). Factory look. I recomend them.

Howard

I use the McNeils and they are about average to what a weather-flector will do for you. Unless you like those huge Pep Boys dumbo ear looking ones, these are the way to go. They are good enough to have your window down about 2" in rain and to have a smoke in your VX in the winter . Here is a pic of what they look like from your seat.... McNeil Visor Drivers View
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Found these two websites:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?