View Poll Results: What are your Ocean City MD camping plans for this Labor Day 2003

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there, so bring on the beer and trailer park girls

2 25.00%
  • I'll make a cameo for group photo @ place TBD

2 25.00%
  • I'll rent a room nearby, I don't do camping

2 25.00%
  • I'll hide behind my keyboard and see you in the forum

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Meet In Ocean City MD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Labor Day Meet In Ocean City MD

OK it's time to get a head count for the upcoming Labor Day meet in Ocean City.

***** Attention *****

Due to an overwhelming lack of local interest, the meet is now a free for all. Come one, come all, from all corners of the Earth to Ocean City MD Aug 29 thru Sept 1. Meet members such as GT aka WormGod and Robert at the world class resort of Ocean City Maryland. Ocean City awaits your arrival. Enjoy.

***** Atention *****

I'll catch you guys at the next meet
    Last edited by Navigator : 07/29/2003 at 10:18 AM
    NAVIGATOR

Really wish I could have voted on the first choice! LOL

You KNOW to count me in! I am actually headed down to Assateague again in a couple of weeks for a 4 day camp out. Wanna get some shots of me tearing some beach apart in the VX.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Question Destination Unknown

I will try and make it down there to see you guys again. Hopefully I will be sporting new shoes if I can ever decide which ones to get. My brother has a house there--around 120th street.

I recently applied for a federal job with the USDA which might take me to Minnesota and am expecting to hear if I get an interview sometime soon. So maybe I'll have a new job and be looking for fellow VXers in Minnesota.

Thanks, NAV, for keeping everybody in the loop!!!

Wow, this is looking bleak. I know it's a ways away, but wow.... us Mid Atlantic VX'ers just dont seem to be so well organised.

Nav, we can always joing up with the Jeepers who are also going down.

Hehe, Jeepers.... with VX's in the mix, it would be like the Soc's and the Greasers getting along happily.

Guys,

I will be there too. I live in DE but working in the DC area.

robert

Wink Ocean City meet

Hi Navigator,

I reserved a hotel room for that weekend (have no tent or trailer anymore) but I am ready to hang around the camp site with you guys.
    Any plans or schedule?

Robert

Thumbs up All Right... Got Another One

Glad to have you aboard Robert, nothing is set in stone, not enough response to plan anything, the beaches will be swarming with lots to see and do. If less than 5 VX'rs show intent, we'll wing it, only agenda is to party like it's the end of summer and show off the VX's.
    Last edited by Navigator : 07/28/2003 at 08:56 AM

I am gonna try to reserve my campsite at Assateague this week, for that weekend. A few notes on what goes on there since I was there this past weekend.

To drive on the beach, the following must be done....

$70 pass which lasts till the same day next year/you will have to put a sticker on your driver side bumper (they let me put it on the windshield since the VX bumpers are plastic)

a shovel (I have a military utility shovel that folds up)

4 boards (36" 2x4's or plywood in case you get stuck)

Tow strap (you'll never need it cause the VX WON'T get stuck)

tire pressure gauge (drop the pressure to 15lbs for the sand. they have pumps when you leave)

There are a few rules for the beach riding but when and if you sign up, you will get a paper that explains them all.

Basically, I think that a cool little party on the beach for a night during the meet would be killer. We are allowed a campfire drinking, and canopy sitting tents, just no sleeping on the beach. And the best part is, they never close. We were there till 2am, and nobody ever even bothered to check on us. The beach is about 15 miles south of Ocean City if anyone is staying up there. Mucho fun!

I did a little searching online and came up with these sites....

The State campground....

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan...ssateague.html

The National beach (for partying!)

http://www.nps.gov/asis/

Enjoy!

Now for the pi55er....

The State campgrounds are booked up. I tried every camping loop for lots and they are ALL taken already. So much for there. There are a few more places however. I stayed at the Ocean City Campgrounds last year and it was pretty cool. Lots of partying went on there all night. I JUST submitted a reservation there and will see if that works out. Too bad for the other place. Frontier Town looks like a workable location, given there are lots open there.

It's odd, but I think camping is getting more and more popular cause it was never this hard to get a reservation in such advance before. This really sucks. If you plan on camping, post your location here if you get the reservation.

Well, I just got my notice that I do indeed have a site at the Ocean City Campgrounds. I will be there from the 29th to the 1st. It's a bit steeper in price than the others, but no biggy. If you want to try this site, go to the link above for the Ocean City Campgrounds in my last post. Regardless of what happens, I will be there.

A one day thing sounds cool, but I AM taking one full day to go to the National Beach and party it up. I have my beach pass for my VX and am driving out on the beach. Any and all are welcome and it will be a great time. Surf fishing, boozing, cooking out, all right there on the beach, as long as we want.

I would invire more into my camping site, but this place only allows 1 vehicle per lot and 1 tent. They are little more strict since they are IN Ocean City.

Anyways, check out the above link if you want to try for a site. Otherwise, I would look at hotels.

Wink

Guys,

I reserved a hotel room in OC just to be sure...but I am ready to go anywhere. I will be there on my own for 3 days just to meet you guys. Beach driving and party sounds great!

Please keep me posted about what you have decided.

Robert

Talking Where to Stay IF you don't Camp...

Click here http://www.fskmotel.com/ . For those of you, who love camping, but hate late August heat, humidity, insects, horses , etc... If you act quickly you can still book a room. Rates are reasonable from $95 and up a night. Not bad for Ocean City area on Labor Day weekend.

See you all there
    Last edited by Navigator : 07/25/2003 at 07:21 AM

You arent actually staying IN the city Nav? Bah!

The place I am camping is on 70th bayside. No horses, no bugs, but there is always rain to contend with . Even so, if you all plan on going, give your thoughts on having a jam session on the beach in Assateague. Details are in a previous post about it. Something tells me that seeing a caravan of VX's rolling down the beach will put the fear of SooZoo in all those jacked up Chevys and Fords out there.