Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: love my VX!

I found this yesterday. Subaru AWD is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooQRxlChvMw
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

pbkid,

What tires do you have that dominate the snow and ice of Colorado? My BFGs work okay most days, but I find that chains are needed for the really bad weather.
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI

Cool Subaru AWD vid. I always was a fan of the symmetrical system and have never had any issues with my WReX in any conditions. Well, except when I was too lazy to switch out my old BBSs with racing Yokos during a winter, but that shouldn't count, heh. My Subie holds up near perfect in the snow, but since it is dropped on Cobb springs it has the ride height of a sheet of paper. Still, it does great in snow/rain, but if the snow is anywhere above 5-6", I pull out the VX. No worries about ride height at that point, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    actually i have a set of bridgestone winter duelers (which is funny to me because i wasnt impressed by the factory duelers)....

they are heavily siped and work AWESOME....my parents actually live right down by you fuzzy...they live in palmer lake/monument....

i have only gotten my VX stuck once and it drive it like its a tank in the snow....and the only reason i got it stuck was because i wanted to see how far up a snow mound i could get....i get about 3/4 the way up and it all gives way and i was just sunk up to my frame...my wheels werent even touching the ground..

but seriously, i do a TON of backcountry snowboarding and go up all types of crazy hills covered in snow to get to my destination and my vx never has problems...ive gotten to places where jeeps and tahoes and xterra's couldnt dream of in the snow....

at my parents house i very commonly end up "plowing" the driveway with the front of my VX... and very commonly the snow is deeper than my hood....

if you want a demonstration ill be down by black forest quite a bit in the next month because of holidays...we can go for a little trip if you want.... maybe during 'colorado colors'???
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden