Thread: 3 a.m. - I guess it is my turn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I suggest posting the Dogs of War on your balcony once you are up and running again.

Sucks dude. It has happened to me more often than I care to imagine, and every time I feels just as violated as I did the first.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

That sux.

I once had the vent window busted out & all they stole was a disposable lighter. The worst part was that the ^%*# door wasn't even locked.

Good luck with everything.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I have it at a Gieco shop for the window and dash treatment. Called my renters insurnace to claim the almost 3-4,000 in items they stole. The whole center portion of the dash was busted off with all radars, gps, cd's, amps stolen........ I hope I get enough back to bring it back to par again.

that sucks man.. makes me glad to live in the woods now.. that kinda crap used to happen on my block all the time.. thankfully never to my vx or the roommates cars.. but a friend visiting did have her lock busted and dash torn out for a factory cd player

Sorry man. I had that happen to my old bronco about 5 years ago. In my last two vehicles I designed my stereo around the stock head unit. If you look at the dash in my VX you would never guess there was a $2000 stereo system in there. It’s sad that I would need to do something like that to keep people from braking in to my truck.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Sorry to hear about your VX.
    Call Hillary, now that she is secretary of state, she will be ready for that 3:00 a.m. call as she promised in her campaign speech.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yup...that suxs.

And it often seems to end up with more damage dollar wise...

.... than the value of stuff taken.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damn, that sucks. Someday, I hope to catch a car prowler in the act and make him physically pay in blood for all of the other perp's that got away. Perhaps in your new replacement car stereo, you can solder razor blades on the back side of the head unit. Thus, when the thief reaches around to yank the head unit out, he'll slice his fingertips to pieces, leaving his DNA as evidence.

This is what I used on my stock head unit. It’s not the exact model but it gives you an idea of what can be done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USA-S...3A1|240%3A1318

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Sorry man. I had that happen to my old bronco about 5 years ago. In my last two vehicles I designed my stereo around the stock head unit. If you look at the dash in my VX you would never guess there was a $2000 stereo system in there. It’s sad that I would need to do something like that to keep people from braking in to my truck.

I have not called by my auto insurance yet today becuase I was under the impression by them that my renters would cover everything not stock on the VX. Well Allstate renters with a $1,000 deduct will not cover anything that is powered by the car. The last time i talked to Gieco they said they will only cover factory items....Getting them on the phone now.

Geico will only cover factory installed items....I would have needed endorsements on each additional stereo device that I had in there prior to this claim.

Allstate has a $1,000 deduct, $200 cash max, $500 cd max.....CRAZY....never thought it would be this hard to get back what they stole.