Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3 a.m. - I guess it is my turn

3 a.m. - I guess it is my turn

Got a knock at my door roughly 3 am last night. It was the local police. They said from the time the call came in from the witness it had only been four minutes since my car was broken into.

Busted passenger window. My auto is parked as close as you can to my balcony (I live in an apartment right now). Ripped up dash, stole as much as they could. Sucks.

I will see today how long it takes to source a window, dash, cd changer...etc they broke getting to my stereo.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that sucks man! I am so sorry. Well I guess it is time to upgrade Good luck with everything, what are you planning to do?

It's absolutely rediculous petty BS like this that made me leave the city once and for all.

Hopefully everything will get repaired with no issue. Sorry about this.

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    oh man, thats too bad....if you need any stereo information or wiring information please feel free to contact me... i have all sorts of resources about car audio
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Sorry to hear that. I wish people could be a little more respectful of others and their property.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I suggest posting the Dogs of War on your balcony once you are up and running again.

Sucks dude. It has happened to me more often than I care to imagine, and every time I feels just as violated as I did the first.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

That sux.

I once had the vent window busted out & all they stole was a disposable lighter. The worst part was that the ^%*# door wasn't even locked.

Good luck with everything.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I have it at a Gieco shop for the window and dash treatment. Called my renters insurnace to claim the almost 3-4,000 in items they stole. The whole center portion of the dash was busted off with all radars, gps, cd's, amps stolen........ I hope I get enough back to bring it back to par again.

that sucks man.. makes me glad to live in the woods now.. that kinda crap used to happen on my block all the time.. thankfully never to my vx or the roommates cars.. but a friend visiting did have her lock busted and dash torn out for a factory cd player

Sorry man. I had that happen to my old bronco about 5 years ago. In my last two vehicles I designed my stereo around the stock head unit. If you look at the dash in my VX you would never guess there was a $2000 stereo system in there. It’s sad that I would need to do something like that to keep people from braking in to my truck.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Sorry to hear about your VX.
    Call Hillary, now that she is secretary of state, she will be ready for that 3:00 a.m. call as she promised in her campaign speech.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yup...that suxs.

And it often seems to end up with more damage dollar wise...

.... than the value of stuff taken.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damn, that sucks. Someday, I hope to catch a car prowler in the act and make him physically pay in blood for all of the other perp's that got away. Perhaps in your new replacement car stereo, you can solder razor blades on the back side of the head unit. Thus, when the thief reaches around to yank the head unit out, he'll slice his fingertips to pieces, leaving his DNA as evidence.

Riff never thought about that one.....

The guy was seen running away with a pistol. The first thing the officer asked is if I had a gun in the car. I said yes, an air soft pistol in a box (present). The officer was relieved to think he theif was carrying this instead of something real. That is until we got into the car and found my air soft gun. Not sure what would have happened if i did see it in action. The enterance to my complex is about a 1/3 mile long with multiple speed bumps and I have a rear facing apartment next to a farm. Dumb spot to steal - they drove that far to single out my car. Luckily someone did see it and probably stopped them from taking evyrthing including the seats.

Been there way too often myself.

Hate to say it, but you are marked now. They will be back soon for the replacement unit. Our trucks stand out and are remembered. Thats why they went so far to break into yours.

I haven't had a radio in mine for almost 2 years now since it was stolen.

I put part of the blame on radio mfg's. Any new car today comes with a radio that needs a code to operate if powered down. Its impossible to buy such a feature in an aftermarket radio because they thrive on replacement sales.

Unfortunatly its illegal to hollow out a radio and fill it with TNT and rusty scraps. Leave the door unlocked. Problems solved one at a time. Repete as often as necessary.

John C.