Thread: Burning Oil?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    unless you bought your VX new from a dealer or bought from a family member who was the original owner.. your VX is out of warranty they had 10 year 120k mile warranties in 00 and 01.. which cut in half upon sale to a non-family member

as for the check engine light.. what is the code? a lot of people have issues with their EGR valve causing check engine lights but iirc the code doesnt necessarily reflect that thats the problem... also when replacing the timing belt.. look around there are a few TSBs (technical service bulletins) that correct the timing belt replacement procedure as well as the torque on the intake manifold (the intake manifold gaskets might be leaking due to a mistake in torquing the bolts.. that could cause a check engine light too)

oh and i burn about 1 quart every 3k miles using mobil 1 synthetic.. but it all happens fast.. like i will be fine for 1000-2000 miles then all of a sudden 500 miles and ill be 1/2 quart low.. i just check every gas fillup and keep a bottle of oil on hand so that i can keep it right on the full mark at all times.. if you pay close attention you can spot warning signs.. im to the point where i swear i can hear when my VX is running low on oil
    I guess you do eric.

My mechanic told me the 1srt time i had the VX serviced that isuzu shall had built a specific engine for the VX,some sort of 3.7 to 4.0L,even though this 3.5L engine is a high tech he said that the weight-acceleration-speed-HP is just not completly right.
    For his weight the VX should be propelled by at least 250 HP with a 280 PSI torque force which will make the VX way more powerfull & faster.

Isuzu probes that they are capable to build excelents SUV's,the fact that the VX won the paris-to-dakar rally twice over more powerfull SUV's with the 3.5L engine is an indication that isuzu knows they stuff.

But again,isuzu didn't had intentions to mass produce the VX so they figure out they'll not invest much of money building a exclusive engine,like how the jeep did with the grand cherokee SRT-8 with the 6.1L plus they were already in financial "recesion" so even though they wanted too they wouldn't be able to afford it

And i believe what he said because you can see right now powerfull SUV's such as the acura MDX with the same weight & propelled by an 280 HP engine,the jeep liberty with an 3.7L & 260 HP & the infiniti FX 35 with 300 HP

What makes the difference with our VX's is the 230 PSI torque at 3000 RPM he add.

If isuzu did dropped in an 3.7 or 4.0 L the VX will the most powerfull two-doors SUV on the planet
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 12/07/2008 at 06:43 PM
    Dakar was just the begining.