Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I don't care what you say...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't care what you say...

...my VX runs better on Premium.

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ^^^^^second that....i dont ever use anything less than premium...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I run better on CarboPro
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

Bart
    Mine's never known anything else. I don't want the knock sensors to work....I'll trust they are there. We generally don't store race fuel either...at the end of the day, in the VX or the Lightning truck it goes. I wouldn't run straight 110 or even 107, but 6 or 7 gallons of 110 ( Sunoco) mixed into 10 or 15 gallons of Sunoco 93, won't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Mine's never known anything else. I don't want the knock sensors to work....I'll trust they are there. We generally don't store race fuel either...at the end of the day, in the VX or the Lightning truck it goes. I wouldn't run straight 110 or even 107, but 6 or 7 gallons of 110 ( Sunoco) mixed into 10 or 15 gallons of Sunoco 93, won't hurt anything.

Since you're not using your knocker sensors................. can I have them??

:bgwg:
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

Bart
    me too!!!!!!!!!!

and I get better gas mileage with the Power Button "off", so sue me

I've never had any trouble running regular in any of my vehicles.

But ... if y'all like pissing money - go fer it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I've never had any trouble running regular in any of my vehicles.

But ... if y'all like pissing money - go fer it
    It's not "trouble", I've never had issues running on regular either. Its just way better with premium. Starting up is better, idle is better, and pick up is WAY better. You should give it a try.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    me too!!!!!!!!!!

and I get better gas mileage with the Power Button "off", so sue me
    Yeah, I never understood how people get better gas mileage with the POWER button on. I mean, if I am climbing a hill and going a little slow, I hit the power button and off I go, RPMs increase and so does speed, without pushing my foot down a bit more. So how could faster speeds and higher RPMs possibly yield better gas mileage????

Bafrt

If you don't change your driving stlye, the power button does nothing...milage won't change. It's simply a different tranny program, that holds a gear till almost redline, when the throttle is held at 75% WOT or better...on a hill, again, with your foot in it a bit, it will kick down a gear a bit sooner. Since our thrashy ol Isuzu 6 runns out of breath long before redline, it really only helps to about 4500 rpm....the last couple thousand rpm is all clatter, and agricultural noise. My power button is always down, and I'm getting 18-20mpg combined. I rarely (almost never) go over 3/4 throttle.

Have a S/C so I don't really know what the difference is anymore with less than Premium. Been too long for me to remember a difference.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

If you don't change your driving stlye, the power button does nothing...milage won't change. It's simply a different tranny program, that holds a gear till almost redline, when the throttle is held at 75% WOT or better...on a hill, again, with your foot in it a bit, it will kick down a gear a bit sooner. Since our thrashy ol Isuzu 6 runns out of breath long before redline, it really only helps to about 4500 rpm....the last couple thousand rpm is all clatter, and agricultural noise. My power button is always down, and I'm getting 18-20mpg combined. I rarely (almost never) go over 3/4 throttle.
    I go full throttle just going down the street, and having the power button "on" kills my mileage on the highway. Especially on road trips, if my power button is "on" the power mode keeps my VX from shifting to Over Drive (4th) all the time, especially when using cruise control. Sometimes when I am in cruise control and the power button is "on" going around 70 or so, the VX stays in 3rd, but if I push the power button to "off" it immediately shifts into 4th (overdrive).

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i WONT turn my power button on.... ive tried it before and it did not increase milage with my driving style...

also, i believe with our motors seeming to have a tendency to blow i dont think its good to rev them that high...

I also think the terrain makes a big difference. You are driving in a board flat state, where out here my daily commute takes me up and down some long stretches of mountain. The only thing I have been able to do to increase my gas mileage is to remove my roof rack and spare from up top. All that drag is no good.

Bart

premium is premium

Yes,i think i most had discuss this matter with many people.

Our VX's came equipped to run on 87,ok that's fine & for the 1srt three months i use 87 & i didn't like the way how the engine performed at all.

And since i began to use 93 my engine runs smoothly,the knocking that my VX had from day 1 is much less louder,plus the mileage is way more then with 87 so my advice : USE 93 at all times or at least as much as you can afforded.

Another key in the puzzle is the way you drive,that guys have a lot to do with the mileage you can run for each gallon of fuel you use.
    I personally don't press deep the gas pedal to move foward,plus the acceleration our VX's comes with is enough to move fast the almost 3000 pounds the VX weights.
    My secret : press the gas pedal little by little,the VX begins to gain speed & in 7 seconds the VX is moving at 30 mph; What more you want ?

Since the engine comes with the variable valve timming feature which means that the engine would use only the amount of power demanded by the throttle & save fuel for when the driver demands more power.

Again,use 93 as much as you can afford,plus the 93 is a cleaner fuel & produce less polution because it burns slower then the 87,the fuel lines remains much cleaner & all related components.
    Add twice a month a fuel injection cleaner & you'll feel the difference with the engine.

This is just my two cents quote
    Dakar was just the begining.