Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm Buying An Ironman!!!!!

I'm Buying An Ironman!!!!!

So i went to the dealer and fell in love with it and told him i would take it, now just going through the loan crap to finalize the deal... its:
    1999 white
    $6,600 out the door
    Car only has 4 things i need to fix:
    1) driver side door when shut is a tad off on top... can i reposition it?
    2) the iron man plastic on the hood needs to be retaped so it stays down
    3) there is an air sound inside the car from the air fan or vent or something... what could that be it is on the drivers side... should i be worried about it?
    4) the back door has a 2 in ch cut in the paint looks like a knife was taken to it (its not what happened but thats what it looks like) and a tad bit of rust is visible about 1 cm by .5 cm

other than that she doesnt lek, engine is real nice... and the interior is PERFECT!

please let me know how to fix those first 3 problems

Quote Originally Posted by killinformula View Post
    So i went to the dealer and fell in love with it and told him i would take it, now just going through the loan crap to finalize the deal... its:
    1999 white
    $6,600 out the door
    3) there is an air sound inside the car from the air fan or vent or something... what could that be it is on the drivers side... should i be worried about it?
    4) the back door has a 2 in ch cut in the paint looks like a knife was taken to it (its not what happened but thats what it looks like) and a tad bit of rust is visible about 1 cm by .5 cm

other than that she doesnt lek, engine is real nice... and the interior is PERFECT!

1) The door can be absolutetly fixed,just check the web for local body shops.

2) The IRONMAN logo can be remove & add a new one,call & ask for merlin at saint charles isuzu & let him know you're a new VX'er & belongs to the board;He'll provide you with a good deal,shipping free included

3) The sound you refering to can be a clogged vent conduit or something partially blocking the free air flow,my 2nd thought an conduit that is partially closed/open & is not engaging a 100% when you change the flow set ups just make sure they find the cause of the sound.

Since you'll need to have full insurance 'till the loan is paid off you can have the insurance pay for new paint,comprehensives claims doesn't raise you premiums. I did it,i bought my VX in november last year,three weeks later some jerk scratched the left fender with some kind of key so to say.
    The insurance pay off a full painted VX in silver original color

But if you have a extra cash you can have just the rear door painted.It shouldn't cost big $$ because 68 % of the rear door is covered with the poly cladding.My paint job for the whole car was $ 1500 ($ 200 cash back by the body shop) so make the maths.

Even though the dealers says that they "always" service their cars you better play safe & have your VX serviced as soon as possible or at least check up trans fluid level & conditions as well as differencials,T-case & engine.
    Another advise is to keep a close eye on the engine's oil level;Depending on how many miles you'll conmmute you should check the level twice a week & have a extra bottle in the trunk.

I hope every thing goes smoothly & from now let me welcome you to the VX universe
    Dakar was just the begining.

Thank you very much for all the information... i am stoked! I am going to get all her fluids checked asap, and then i am going to start diagnosing that air sound.... i felt like i was in a concept car when i sat in it! it was such a cool feeling and this is my first car to buy as well, i have been dving around my formula that my parents bought me 8 years ago when i turned 16

VX welcome

Thank you very much for all the information... i am stoked! I am going to get all her fluids checked asap, and then i am going to start diagnosing that air sound.... i felt like i was in a concept car when i sat in it! it was such a cool feeling and this is my first car to buy as well, i have been dving around my formula that my parents bought me 8 years ago when i turned 16
    Love to know that there's another new VX'er with us.

The board provides you with almost all the info you need,.

Take your time & read any topics that you think is important,don't feel shy to ask all questions need to be answered.

You were like in a concept car,actually you was,The VX was a halo concept in 1993 at the tokio car show,originally isuzu didn't had intentions to mass produce this car,but the excitement was so hugh that isuzu decide to manufactured bit more than 4000 world wide.
    Just a lil bit of info
    Best regards K-machine
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 12/16/2008 at 06:53 PM

1999 white
    $6,600 out the door

Congrats...Your "air sound" could be your drivers door being a tad off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    congrats and welcome to the fam...

now, put in for time off in may for playing in moab with the rest of us

it will really amaze you what these things can do...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

you know when i was looking for a car i told myself i wanted one that i wouldnt modify.... well i think i shot myself in the foot... these things just look so sweet with better rims/tires, and a ton of metal around it!

I was thinking the same as VCROSSFAN on the air sound...

wecome to the crazy world of VXs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    lol...just wait till you get a round or two in moab...

last year one of the members got so excited that we lifted his VX in the parking lot of the hotel...

soo what exactly is an iron man does it have anything else that a regular vx doesnt?

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    lol...just wait till you get a round or two in moab...

last year one of the members got so excited that we lifted his VX in the parking lot of the hotel...
    Jajajajaja that had to be totally crazy.
    But as i said,it's part of the fun to own a VX

VX ironman edition

soo what exactly is an iron man does it have anything else that a regular vx doesnt?
    The ironman edition doesn't differ from the rest of the others VX's.

But the reason there's an ironman VX edition is because isuzu sponsored the famous triathlon back in the 90's that was named so.

The logos on the hood insert,the recaro seats,the rear fenders & floor matts makes all the difference,but this edition was the most expensive of all VX's

The IRON MAN version goes faster and is stronger and goes farther then the rest.........hehe

Vx

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    The IRON MAN version goes faster and is stronger and goes farther then the rest.........hehe
    By the way k-machine,if you want type isuzu vehicross on youtube.com browswer & look at the add that last about 29 seconds when the VX were introduce in 1999.
    I guess that's why mr don says that
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 12/16/2008 at 07:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    By the way k-machine,if you want type isuzu vehicross on youtube.com browswer & look at the add that last about 29 seconds when the VX were introduce in 1999.
    I guess that's why mr don says that
    holy crap i just watched about every video! i am addicted.... DARN YOU ALL!!! i have to say i have been searching for about 3 months for a car... this is how my process went to finding my Iron man

volvo c70, jetta 1.8t, passat 1.8t, passat v6, jetta v6, hyundai sonata, hyundai xg350, hyundai santa fe, kia sorento, suzuki grand vitara, suzuki xl-7, mitsubishi montero, toyota 4 runner, jeep grand cherokee, jeep liberty, isuzu rodeo, isuzu trooper..... VX!!!!!!

and i kid you not i almost purchase one of each car while looking!!!i passed on 17 cars... i have reaped the benifits of patience.... and am so glad i found this car...

the fisrt time i have ever heard of one was last sunday and i bought one thursday! how crazy is that!