Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
My VX has 1 lug on each wheel that has no chrome cap & is corroded. Thought it's obviously a locking lug because there's 1 on each wheel. Couldn't find the key, searched the car completely. Used car dealer absolutely no help..."try looking in the glove box, center console or by the jack"...DOH! Like we didn't think of that! Took it to Big O tires to find out how much to drill it off or whatever they have to do....they said it was NOT a lock, just missing it's chrome cap. What's the probability that precisely 1 on each wheel would loose it's cap? Or that 4 caps would be lost and previous owner put 1/wheel? A 19mm fit but because it was missing it's cap, an 18mm fit perfectly. He DIDN'T loosen it.

1) Big O guy said Isuzu lugs are "notoriously" bad for cross threading and then impossible to get off. Any truth to that?
He didn't sell lugs anyway so he had no real reason to say that to sell us some, so we decided to go get 24 new lug nuts before he proceeded removing those 4 lugs.

2) What brand do you guys recommend?

3) What brand of locking lug do you recommend most McGard...Gorilla?
My guess would be that the PO lost the key & the original locks were replaced with whatever they could find that would fit.
My experience with Isuzu studs, is that the earlier (1st gen Trooper) ones were more prone to stripping than the ones on the VX.
I only ever use a socket & ratchet (no air tools) to change mine, no problems so far & I've probably had my wheels on & off at least twenty times in the last 4 1/2 years.
I know it's overkill, but I have three McGards in each wheel...

My theory is that maybe it'll slow the thievin' bastiges down enough for me to catch them doing it...