I think I remember which Zu wheel you are talking about. I think I still have one mounted up for a spare. I have two sets of wheels and tires for our VX. I will check the shop for a pic of it. Both sets are oem Zu wheels, yet neither set came with my 99 vx.
16x7.5 zu oem 6 spoke w/ 265/70 R16 Dunlop Mud Rover
18x7 zu oem 6 spoke w/ 275/65 R18 Dunlop Max Traction Mud

Both of our sets have been powder coated, Ripple Black. I think the snowflake one your refering to is one of the 12 spoke designs, available in '94 & '95. or maybe those were the years you could find that wheel in a rare 7.5 wide wheel with the same offset of the rest. If you are searching out any oem wheels, try using www.car-parts.com for a list of salvage yards that have a least one wheel on their shelves. I purchased our 18's this way.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
Your wheels and tires look great; do you have any problems with clearance? the picture looks like it is a tight fit on the front did you have to do any trimming or does the picture just look like it is too close? I am looking for tires and wheels for my VX and I do not know much about the torsion bar cranking thing to get more height. Does it just raise the front? Does it affect the alignment?

I love this thread it has helped me a lot in my search for wheels and tires. I do not have a lift and I am not sure I want one so for now I am going to go with changing my 18s to 16s as I cannot get the aggressive tires I want for the 18s that will fit the stock ride height. I love some of the wheels I have seen here but cannot find most of them for sale or in a 16 so I am thinking about getting some Isuzu snowflakes and have them brushed and maybe power coat the holes black to give them a unique look. How hard are they to find and are there any drawbacks to them, like can I put an 8? wide tire on them? I have a 2001 Ebony with the stock chrome 18s on it now and I want something different and so far the snowflake wheels seem to the wheels that almost nobody has, kind of ironic I think.

I had a Space cab PU that had snowflakes on it but the hole were oval not drop shaped has anyone seen any of those on a VX? I like them better but I have not seen a set of those for years. The VX is my 6th Isuzu so I guess you can say I am a fan of Isuzu?s and now I have the one I have wanted most since I saw the VX for the first time.
I have reviewed this thread many times before posting there is just so much info I am starting to get over whelmed so I thought I would post and see if I can get some help to narrow down the ideas or get some input.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Chris