Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pittsburgh Beaver Run Dirt Days

Time is set for 6. I am sure I will be a little early though.

I will call in the morning and get let them know to expect us.

eight-five-six-nine-oh-six-seven-three-three-four
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

pitt, ill be getting into the city earlier if u want to give me a call and we can try to get together while there is some daylight i really havent planned what im doing other than dinner, im just kind of playing the rest of the day by ear

saturday morning.. im headed out now... see ya tonight guys!
    Last edited by etlsport : 01/24/2009 at 03:43 AM

Wink

I'll be there solo! See ya later guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Can't make a reservation at Rock Bottom. They said we can do call ahead seating but they are booked for their reservation allotment from 5 to 8.

I will call when I am leaving here. I will do it under my name, and when we all show up we can decide if that will work or if we want to go to the one of the other resturants around there.

Got the VX outta the garage today, first time since October. It felt so nice to drive again.

Wink

I had a great time @ The Rock Bottom dining & sucking down brewskies with all of you great VX'ers!

Anxiously awaiting any pics from your offroading venture @ Beaver Run Dirt Days!

**Oh yeah..sigh.....on a final note, I got my lightbar working @ noon in like 2 minutes by disconnecting the same connector (Radio Shack) I fuddled with last night only to see (daylight helps ..lol) one of the male connectors was misaligned (shoved back into plastic)...must have happened the last time I removed/reinstalled lightbar & didn't power it up to check.

Just a reminder..whether you're going on a post-apocalyptic expedition to kill zombies or to the mall parking lot to impress your friends with mods...always check your equipment .

Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 01/25/2009 at 09:24 AM Reason: add photo

one from the trail!.. we are sitting waitin gfor an f150 that is stuck...

Thumbs up

Yeah, it was nice to meet you guys last night. I hope we can make this a semi regular meet up. Looks like the snow was fun to wheel in. Time to start saving for a lift kit and new tires!

well I just got home a lil while ago.. overall a pretty good (although long) trip.. 665 miles in just over 36 hours..

it was great meeting everyone, dinner was a good time and i never get tired of seeing a lineup of VXs.. very cool to see some everyones mods

as for dirt days.. i wound up taking off at lunch because the snow was just too much for my stock duelers.. did ok for the most part but had to get winched/strapped up two of the bigger/steeper hill climbs, although there was a stock jeep there w/ firestone a/ts and a a huge F150 extended bed/cab on some giant tires that had issues so i didnt feel quite so bad

a trip back out there in the spring/summer would be much more fun, the trails seemed nice, the views are nice, and the crowd is awesome, they were very very supportive and helpful, the orgainzer chris was really enthusiastic about the VX and said he would love to get a group of us out there for a guided run (and said he would probably be able to cut us a deal on it) so thats something to keep in mind

the drive back from the park was interesting though.. my entire undercarriage was frozen, including the insides of the wheels, so my vx was shaking so hard my teeth were chattering.. pulled over and took a rubber mallet to the wheels and broke a bunch of the ice/mud out as much as i could.. it helped but couldnt get everything so i couldnt break 55

once back in pittsburgh, i paid to park in an underground garage since it was snowing really hard and really cold out.. took the wheels off.. spent 15-20 minutes knocking chunks of ice and mud out and then let it sit for 3-4 hours in the 60 degree garage.. that took care of the problems

coming back east from pittsburgh i threw a P1404 check engine light twice (cleared it each time, came back after an hour the first time.. hasnt come back after the 2nd time) so we'll see

ill post up what few pics i have a little later

Had to be a great experience.

I'm really sorry i wasn't able to make it this time

Drove to Ct for a birth day party which i didn't remember 'till my sis called me friday night.

However guys please keep me posted for any upcoming event.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Cool

from the Toyota FJ forums:

"Matt, good pics. i would have liked to have been there to see how the VehiCross did, i always have liked how those look. never seen one off road though, my complements to who ever that is i like it!"

"Scotty, the built up Vehicross did pretty well. There was another one with summer tires that had to be helped out quite a bit. I hope they come back again. I would like to see them run on a day that isn't so crazy."

http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/r...201%2025%2009/

HA, nice. I saw those pics earlier. The one of mine from the front quarter is now my background, really nice pic.

I want to go back out to, but not when it was so cold. Kathryn didn't even want to get out and take pictures or look at anything.

We will have to make another trip later this year.

yea i was super frustrated with my tires... i would definitely up for going back in april-mayish possibly over summer

also was thinking it would be awesome to have a guided run through rausch creek.. they have lots and lots and lots of trails... and very nice guides... good photo ops in their staging area too... hopefully we can get lots of interest in something like that

there is a run in rousch creek being planned on the planet in april, and there are members that live nearby that would like to go to. I wouldn't mind going either, but with Uwharrie in April, it will be a summer thing prolly.