Thread: concept mustang, VX spotting, and almost a totalled VX all in one day!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    god i hope that i broke the curse because we have lost too many of the fam this year...

and ya i figured it was concept...this actually isnt the first time i have seen concepts up there...have seen land rovers and others too..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

well I missed the "concept" part when you said 09, my mistake.. backs out quietly

Wink Just bought an '07 GT w/ only 5,200 miles.

searched for a thread to announce my VX's new stablemate. This was the closest that hasn't been archived.

Had to let my beloved '96 Ram go as I was being killed with front-end issues involving the wheelbearings grenading. My mechanic replaced rotor/hub assembly, races, inner/outer bearings, and finally both spindles w/ salvage-yard replacements as new ones from the dealer were $800 each...ouch. 2-weeks after replacing all this..started hearing squealing from the right front..jacked her up...ton's of play Decided to bandage her up for trade w/ 2 new bearings. With 139,400 miles on the odometer...decided after 2years of daily driving to let her go for a newer ride.

With the economy in the toilet yielding all the rebates from dealers...was shopping for a new ride...wanted so many things but decided on a price-range as I was going to finance it & didn't want a killer payment. Was seriously looking at new Dodge Caliber SRT4's (dealt on a "new" '08 SRT4) but couldn't get anything for my Ram.

Finally stumbled on a nicely priced "new" '08 Mustang GT Bullitt edition. Unfortunately, someone was buying her the day I showed up to check it out.

However, before I left, I noticed a '07 Mustang GT..Blue with "O.E.M. fake" hood scoop, large dual white stripes running up hood, roof, and trunk & spoiler that makes it look strikingly like a Shelby Cobra. (Later dubbed her my poor man's Shelby..lol.) Also has white rocker panel stripes with MUSTANG. Only had 5,200 miles on odometer and was stored winters. They were asking what Kelly Blue Book said was the value....$22,900

went back the next day to test-drive & deal...got a fair price after some negotiating for my troublesome Ram, plus put some cash down. Haven't had a chance to take any pics yet...was too busy doing 80 mph shifting into 3rd gear (5-speed manual)...lol.

Really surprised by the gas mileage. Highway w/ cruise was getting 26.2 and rising but had to get off interstate. Huge potential for 27 mpg! All around w/ some spirited driving was giving me 24 mpg. Not too shabby for a V8 with 300 hp. Looks like that Raptor will have to wait

Asked the dealer about the Raptor and they said it will be very 'spensive. Said they didn't think they would get one for their lot as it would be too hard for them to sell in that town.

Will post a pic or two when I get time!

The downside....My VX is going to be my daily driver for the most part. Winter time especially. Spring/Summer/Fall daily transport duties will be shared by my V-Stom DL 1000 motorcycle & the Mustang GT.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 03/09/2009 at 01:04 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Cool

Lookin' Sharp!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    nice! congrats!