Thread: South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida?

South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida?

Anyone in the South Carolina/North Carolina or Georgia area? I would be interested in doing an Ocala, Florida run. I have been out there before, awesome camping and hundreds of miles of trails, from sink holes to sand dunes. Its pretty sweet.

I am glad some of us south eastern members are still around. My wife gave me the go ahead for Moab, so we are makin the haul out there, pullin the vx on a trailer, so thats gonna be about $1K justin gas to get there and back assuming gas is around $2 a gallon. SO another 700 in misc expenses, so the July thing may or may not happen. If I dont break anything in Utah, I should be good to go. Ocala is a lot farther for me from Charleston. But the only real expense should be gas, and we can camp out down there. The other thing to worry about would be the clay, I took my Yota out there back in 97, that clay was still on the weather trim in the roof gutters when I traded itt in 5 years later, never could get it off. I will keep ya'll posted.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Really looking forward to some kind of Florida meet, ven if this date doesn't pan out. I just bought my first VX, which is my first offroad capable vehicle, and I would love to start learning a bit about how to do it right. The biggest hill in my area is the ramp out of my condo parking garage.

Just put my new shoes and socks on, are we there yet? any details for ocala meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
    Really looking forward to some kind of Florida meet, ven if this date doesn't pan out. I just bought my first VX, which is my first offroad capable vehicle, and I would love to start learning a bit about how to do it right. The biggest hill in my area is the ramp out of my condo parking garage.
    Well, there aren't too many hills in ocala, but lots of trails. I haven't been there since the big fire in 98.
    I should still be able to swing July sometime, Moab is gonna suck up the last of my savings...but I am sure I can scrounge up a few bucks for the drive to Ocalaa. If gas stays low...

Watkins, do they rub through full suspension travel? They look awfully wide, a lot more than mine, and I still get a bit of rub on the rear of the drivers side front fender. My offset isn't much either. Just wondering, that could be a problem for technical trails.
    Last edited by Marlin : 07/01/2009 at 06:07 PM

I probably need to trim a little more away in the front, I thought the rear would be ok, time will tell, i've only been driving w/mods for a day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I am glad some of us south eastern members are still around. My wife gave me the go ahead for Moab, so we are makin the haul out there, pullin the vx on a trailer, so thats gonna be about $1K justin gas to get there and back assuming gas is around $2 a gallon. SO another 700 in misc expenses, so the July thing may or may not happen. If I dont break anything in Utah, I should be good to go. Ocala is a lot farther for me from Charleston. But the only real expense should be gas, and we can camp out down there. The other thing to worry about would be the clay, I took my Yota out there back in 97, that clay was still on the weather trim in the roof gutters when I traded itt in 5 years later, never could get it off. I will keep ya'll posted.
    Any more details yet. I for one may be able to come up for a day. However, I don't want to still be cleaning clay off my VX 5 years from now.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Sorry guys, If you followed my Moab adventure, it ended up about 1500 bucks more than planned, and then I sank close to 1K in stuff for the skid plate project. I am broke as a joke, my oldest bday is the 8th, then mine on the 16th and then my wife on the 22nd. Money is tight this month. Sorry...I won't be able to make it. There is hallowharrie in October!!!! Awesome rock park up there, about 2.5 hours north of me. I am sure Craig will convoy with me if he can get the time off.