Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If you decided to retire your VX....

If I had to retire it, I would buy another VX.....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    nfpgasmask..I think of my Black Beauty every time I see your signature phrase! .
    Yeah, well, I'm jealous cause you have a Foxfire. IMO, there is nothing cooler than a black VX, but a Foxfire is a close second for me. It's the rarest color too! And I have to say, I have taken a liking to the Protons, and I never thought I would, yeller just ain't my thing, but they just look so cool under the Moab sun...

Bart

"And I have to say, I have taken a liking to the Protons, and I never thought I would, yeller just ain't my thing, but they just look so cool under the Moab sun..."

Admit it Bart - it was mine that made you cross that fence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    "And I have to say, I have taken a liking to the Protons, and I never thought I would, yeller just ain't my thing, but they just look so cool under the Moab sun..."

Admit it Bart - it was mine that made you cross that fence.
    LOL, sorry man, but actually it was Biju's Proton that blew me away in Moab 2007. Not only was it a lifted Proton VX under the perfect Moab sun, but he put so much work into making that thing ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. He did so much beautification and his audio mod was simply top notch. I really have no idea how he parted with it. It was seeing his VX that actually planted the seed of one day restoring mine to as good as I can get it.

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    If I had to retire it, I would buy another VX.....
    i've actually been thinking this considering the cost of the VX lately...

been thinking about getting ahold of an ironman for the "girlfriend to drive when weather is bad" thing lol....

keep the ironman stock and prestine and completely transform mine into what i want...

go to town with flat black on it and get the calmini lift with 3" body from indy4x....then put some 35's on it with stric9 front, rear, and sliders...have someone build me a kenny skid plate and then finish it off with lockers....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i've actually been thinking this considering the cost of the VX lately...
    You know, I was originally thinking a 2nd VX as well. But what got me thinking about an old Trooper, is that I really want something that can fit at least 4 people, so when I have family or friends come out there are no space problems, and I would also like something that I can slide into a tree on a trail, and just shrug off. I won't be able to swallow serious damage if it is a VX. Plus, with an old Trooper, I can go to town with flat desert khaki spray paint, carve out the wheel wells for big rubber, maybe chop the top and make a tube frame with a rag top, take the doors off, you know, really give my neighbors something to complain about.

EDIT: Plus, an old Trooper can be had for under $3000 in good working order!

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 01/13/2009 at 12:10 PM

ya, thats interesting viewpoint for sure...i can see where you are coming from on that...

the 4 door thing isnt an issue for me because my gf has a 4 door corolla (it is actually bigger than you think on the inside, im 6'2" 215 and i fit with no problem)

she REALLY wants a VX (although she wants to paint it pink) and im thinking it could be fun to have a collectors VX and an offroad VX...

the banging it up thing i can agree with though...i would hate to have my VX all banged up...but if it was offroad oriented and painted flat black...eventually i would just make an exo-skeleton on it to keep the glass in one peice (as much as possible)....

i dunno, im just getting to the point where its like, either i sell it now and get what i can out of it or i just make it into what i want.....

i dunno, im just getting to the point where its like, either i sell it now and get what i can out of it or i just make it into what i want.....
    Well, there are enough VXes out there that it wouldn't be so bad to have one to bash around in. Hell, my VX is loaded with tree scratches, dents, rock chips, etc. So, I haven't exactly been too careful offroad as it is. I just really want something that I REALLY don't care about.

Bart

ya, thats why im thinking of getting another to keep presitine...that way i dont have to cry if it does get a big dent or scratch...

ya, thats why im thinking of getting another to keep presitine...that way i dont have to cry if it does get a big dent or scratch...
    "Collect them all - trade with your friends!":bwgr:

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    "Collect them all - trade with your friends!":bwgr:
    lol, there ya go...

once bart, dub, billy and i dive in completely then we can just trade around

Wink modded FJ

Just thought this was a pretty cool build on an FJ...this seemed as good a place as any to post the link:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...r-s-build.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    Well my daughter turns 14 next month so she might slide into the drivers seat of the VX, and I would most likely go with a QuadCab Full Size Chevy or an Toyota FJ Crusier. By the next 2 years I should be able to get a good deal on a 07 FJ... But the smartest bet would be the Chevy, it will hold it's value longer...
    ]

Sorry, you can drive at 14 ??

You can't even get a provisional licence until 17 here and they are going to raise that to 18 soon!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!