Thread: If you decided to retire your VX....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you decided to retire your VX....

What vehicle would you be interested in to replace your beloved your VX? I know someday we'll face this situation and I found myself pondering the options today. Looked at Honda, Toyota and Subaru offerings and didn't see anything that got me excited like my VX. So I thought I would ask the family what options you may entertain if ya strayed?? Must have AWD or 4WD and an off-roader.
    Scott

I plan on having my VX as my daily driver for many more years. I'll never willingly give up the VX experience, the life. If it were stolen or wrecked I would get the vehicle I traded to get my VX. A Dodge Ram 4X4 pick-up, regular cab, short bed.

There is no other street legal vehicle that can give me that king-of-the-road feeling like a Dodge Ram. To be behind the wheel of that truck was simply awesome. It was amazingly comfortable, so quiet, so powerful, so smooth riding, so gorgeous inside and out. My dad used to say it was like a Cadillac. The steering had such a fantastic feel to it. Just making a simple turn at a street corner was a pleasure. That was back in the day, circa '96. I can't even imagine how nice the new ones are now.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)
    Last edited by deermagnet : 12/31/2008 at 05:29 PM

Well my daughter turns 14 next month so she might slide into the drivers seat of the VX, and I would most likely go with a QuadCab Full Size Chevy or an Toyota FJ Crusier. By the next 2 years I should be able to get a good deal on a 07 FJ... But the smartest bet would be the Chevy, it will hold it's value longer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Well the 09 Ram 1500 has a coil over suspension like the VX. (1st year for it) good choice, I'm leaning toward the H3 or the FJ. but not eagerly looking forward to a new payment. so the economy is gonna have to turn around..

on a side note, a 70 3/4 ton 4wd GMC wouldnt be bad

I love the 2 door sports utility vehicle and love the Isuzu Amigo, Rodeo Sport and VX. Unfortunately, I do not see anyone making a 2 door SUV.
    I might do a 180. I have always wanted a 1970 or 1971 Plymouth Baracuda
    426 Hemi, lime green convertible. I would have to hit the lottery for that car.

In staying with the issue of an off-road vehicle....the one option that appears of interest is a Toyota Tacoma 4X4. But so far that's the only one that hits my fancy yet pales relative to the fondness I have towards the VX

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    Well my daughter turns 14 next month so she might slide into the drivers seat of the VX, and I would most likely go with a QuadCab Full Size Chevy or an Toyota FJ Crusier. By the next 2 years I should be able to get a good deal on a 07 FJ... But the smartest bet would be the Chevy, it will hold it's value longer...
    ]

Sorry, you can drive at 14 ??

You can't even get a provisional licence until 17 here and they are going to raise that to 18 soon!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!