Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: vehicross in a movie?

vehicross in a movie?

I was watching a movie on tv called "Mission to Mars" and at the begining of he movie Gary Sinese pulls up in the convertable Vehicross!! I flipped out. Was the VX in any other movies?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    The VX-02 unless I am mistaken was in only one feature film. Dont think it made an appearance anywhere else. The concept was shown in auto shows and currently is housed at the Isuzu America headquarters garage.

Back in 2001, we had a Los Angeles VX Meet there are got the opportunity to see it and drive it as well as check out other concept cars including the VX concept and 4-door. Check out the gallery for pics.

LAVX Pics
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Yup, the VX-02 was the best thing in that movie...
    Chet - CBA_VX

Thumbs up Sure Nuff, VX-02 IS in Mission to Mars

The movie isn't all bad, I mean it has a VehiCROSS in it
    NAVIGATOR

VX on HBO

I saw a Silver VX on the HBO original series "Curb your Enthusiasm" starring Larry David. In one scene Larry David is going to buy is wife a necklace and he is talking to his friend in the street and in the back ground is a beautiful silver VX. My girlfriend and I both went wild when we saw it. ;Dp;
    Duncan Eldorado

DAMN! I saw that one, but I didn't notice the VX in the background... crap.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by Dallas4u
    DAMN! I saw that one, but I didn't notice the VX in the background... crap.
    That's it Adam. You flunked. You're out!

Is that the only time the VX shows up in the movie? I want to see one in a chase sequence on-screen or in a music video or something. I'm sure some band would do it if we provided the hardware. Really, we should try it. :-)

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by Heraclid
    Is that the only time the VX shows up in the movie? I want to see one in a chase sequence on-screen or in a music video or something. I'm sure some band would do it if we provided the hardware. Really, we should try it. :-)
    Get yourself a realistic looking toy gun. Buy video cameras for your friends who drive and own cars. Tell them to hang out in certain areas of the city. Drive by a cop, and wave the toy gun out the window as you go by. Then drive through all the areas where you told you friends to be with their cameras.

There you go.

For all of its pitfalls, it would still probably work - I'll give you that. And I need a good bumper sticker, like "Bad cop, no donut". Plus one of the forum store tag frames saying "Drivin' It Like I Stole It". And a personalized tag... how 'bout DRUG DLA? Might as well do it up right. :-)

The show, "Mutant X" features (featured?) a black VX as the vehicle of choice for the bad guys. Usually got at least one scene per episode.

Wow, did some searching online and found several reviews of the Mission to Mars movie. MOST of them mention the funky Isuzu. Maybe the movie sucked and was forgettable, but people remembered that thing. :-)

Originally posted by Heraclid
    I actually did an independent "straight to video" feature that used my VX in a couple of shots.

When the director saw my VX one day when I drove up to the set, she asked if they could use my VX in the film as the ride for my character (a sleazy movie producer). I was like SURE!!!

So we shot 3 scenes where I pull up in my VX to certain locations. It was very cool!! I couldn't wait to see my baby on the screen. But alas, all my VX scenes were left on the cutting room floor......

Do you have or can you get the footage?

Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX
    I actually did an independent "straight to video" feature that used my VX in a couple of shots.

When the director saw my VX one day when I drove up to the set, she asked if they could use my VX in the film as the ride for my character (a sleazy movie producer). I was like SURE!!!

So we shot 3 scenes where I pull up in my VX to certain locations. It was very cool!! I couldn't wait to see my baby on the screen. But alas, all my VX scenes were left on the cutting room floor......
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Mercer:
    I'll ask but I doubt I'll get it. It is near impossible to get someone's "dailies".

I could get scenes from the completed project, but very very rarely would you be able to get unfinished, unused scenes.