Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2001 VX vs. 2001 Rodeo Sport - Make Up My Mind!

The VX WOW factor is very high. It’s just so fun to drive and it gets more attention then any other car I’ve driven, it’s like driving a Porsche on stilts. Driving a rodeo is so ordinary and bland. You will never not look forward to drive your VX.

Like LittleBeast said.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me? Seriously!
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] You will never not look forward to drive your VX.
    now thats true.. when i get off the train, i have my vx key out and ready before im even off the platform

Yeah, and if you are worried about space, like peeps have said, remove the rear seats and PRESTO!

Bart

You can get a receiver hitch for the VX so that won't help you make the choice. In a few years, you can even put a tray there for the rascal.

You can get in & outta the back OK with the seat slider extenders from Tone so don't let that make the choice for you either especially considering how seldom you will use your back seat. We use ours often and it's never been a problem.

Fuel economy & repairs will be a wash between the two (IMHO). No decision there.

Resale: I think VX's have hit bottom on sale price & will start climbing again. With the rarity increasing, the price will probably not come back down either.

Handling: VX hands down. The tight turning radius is phenominal.

Visibility: VX loses that one.

Coolness: No comparison, there is no match for the VX.

Adiction: VX owners are a breed apart.

Membership here: Priceless.

Keep us informed of your final decision but I think we all already know what direction you are leaning. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I have both.
    2000 VX
    2001 Rodeo Sport
    Also a 1999 Amigo
    I love them both and cannot decide which one I would rather have.
    They both have there pros and cons.
    Buy the Rodeo Sport to drive during the week and the VX on weekends.
    Sorry, I am not much help.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Dude...SERIOUSLY???...

I'd rather be force fed broken glass with a slingshot, while listening to a 9 hour "Weird Al" medly, than give up my VX...

You can't be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dude...SERIOUSLY???...

I'd rather be force fed broken glass with a slingshot, while listening to a 9 hour "Weird Al" medly, than give up my VX...

You can't be serious...
    Well, I AM seriously leaning towards the VX; mainly just wanted to get some feedback from owners (either current or former) of Rodeo Sports, in COMPARISON to the VX...

Obviously, posing a question like this one on "The VX Forum" is kinda like quitting drinking and then renting an apartment over a tavern (said apartment ONLY accessible by going THROUGH said tavern!:bgwp - you KNOW what's gonna HAPPEN! Thanks for all your replies; VX it is - you can all put your rockets back in your pockets!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    Well, I AM seriously leaning towards the VX; mainly just wanted to get some feedback from owners (either current or former) of Rodeo Sports, in COMPARISON to the VX...

Obviously, posing a question like this one on "The VX Forum" is kinda like quitting drinking and then renting an apartment over a tavern (said apartment ONLY accessible by going THROUGH said tavern!:bgwp - you KNOW what's gonna HAPPEN! Thanks for all your replies; VX it is - you can all put your rockets back in your pockets!
    I was hoping you'd get a chuckle out of the mental imagery, but yeah, it'd take some doin' to get me to give up Suzy...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dude...SERIOUSLY???...

You can't be serious...
    Just for that, I am going to make you a CD compilation of Wierd Al's greatest hits...there's nothing like "Nature Trail To Hell In 3D"! I love that song....so annoyingly great!!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Yeah, and if you are worried about space, like peeps have said, remove the rear seats and PRESTO!

Bart

Nice job on the cargo mat
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoggie View Post
    Nice job on the cargo mat
    Thanks. I actually have a better one in there now, and I removed the rear seatbelts entirely. I bought an actual pick-up bedliner and cut it down to size. It's much thicker and doesn't smell so bad (the one I originally used smelled like tar from day one).

Anyway, yeah, for two people, the VX minus the rear seats is perfect for me and the wife.

I my VX. Got pulled over by a motorcycle cop today too!!! He let me off. Whew.

Bart

I LOVE my VX, but lately I have been thinking about getting a second car so I could stop driving her so much (even though I want to drive her all the time) so she might last longer. Living out in Colorado, and with the massive amounts of snow that we've been getting lately, I'm looking for another AWD/4WD vehicle. There really isn't anything out there that grabs my interest (and is in the $6500 range-an Infinity FX would have been the choice given no money limit), but I have been thinking about a Rodeo Sport. It would keep me in the Zu family and it has many styling similarities to the VX. I would be interested to hear from Sport owners to see what they think.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I LOVE my VX, but lately I have been thinking about getting a second car so I could stop driving her so much (even though I want to drive her all the time) so she might last longer.
    Yeah I know what you mean, but I love driving the VX so much it is totally worth the wear and tear to me, and I really do not care if/when the motor or something else goes out from overuse, because that just gives me an excuse to upgrade those parts or have them rebuilt to better than new standards. Enjoy driving the heck out of it and upgrade everything that goes out!!!!! Drive the VX another hard 50,000 miles or so and spend $3000 on an engine rebuild, or $8k or so on an engine swap and save the $25k or so that I would spend on a different car for more upgrades and rebuilds on the VX in the future

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, but I love driving the VX so much it is totally worth the wear and tear to me, and I really do not care if/when the motor or something else goes out from overuse, because that just gives me an excuse to upgrade those parts or have them rebuilt to better than new standards. Enjoy driving the heck out of it and upgrade everything that goes out!!!!! Drive the VX another hard 50,000 miles or so and spend $3000 on an engine rebuild, or $8k or so on an engine swap and save the $25k or so that I would spend on a different car for more upgrades and rebuilds on the VX in the future
    Ditto that!!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

I my VX. Got pulled over by a motorcycle cop today too!!! He let me off. Whew.

Bart
    Same thing happened to me awhile back.We talked about the VX. Then he writes me a ticket and says "Don't worry you won't have to pay for it, I wrote the ticket improperly"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!