Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2001 VX vs. 2001 Rodeo Sport - Make Up My Mind!

NO Kids = VX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dude...SERIOUSLY???...

I'd rather be force fed broken glass with a slingshot, while listening to a 9 hour "Weird Al" medly, than give up my VX...

You can't be serious...

Yeah, the folks on this forum are going to be rabid pro-VX. However, the guys & gals over at Rodeo.info are pretty passionate as well.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Talking

The VX
    written by Andy Wachowski & Larry Wachowski

Morpheus: I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice. Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
    TheGanzman: You could say that.
    Morpheus: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he's expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate?
    TheGanzman: No.
    Morpheus: Why not?
    TheGanzman: 'Cause I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
    Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind -- driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
    TheGanzman: The VX?
    Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
    (TheGanzman nods his head.)
    Morpheus: The soccor-mom suv is everywhere, it is all around us. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television, or when you go to work, or when you go to church, or when you go to a soccor game, and even when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
    TheGanzman: What truth?
    Morpheus: That you are a slave. Like everyone else who doesn't drive a VX, you were born into bondage; born to drive a boring, soccor-mom, johnny-come-lately SUV. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the VX is. You have to experience it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.
    (In his left hand, Morpheus shows a blue pill.)
    Morpheus: You take the blue pill and the story ends with you driving off in your Rodeo Sport. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. (a red pill is shown in his other hand) You take the red pill and you stay in VehiCROSS.info, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. (Long pause; TheGanzman begins to reach for the red pill) Remember -- all I am offering is the VX, nothing more.
    (TheGanzman takes the red pill and swallows it with a glass of water)

P.S.----who thinks as I that Morpheus's name be dropped for Moncha's....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I LOVE my VX, but lately I have been thinking about getting a second car so I could stop driving her so much (even though I want to drive her all the time) so she might last longer. Living out in Colorado, and with the massive amounts of snow that we've been getting lately, I'm looking for another AWD/4WD vehicle. There really isn't anything out there that grabs my interest (and is in the $6500 range-an Infinity FX would have been the choice given no money limit), but I have been thinking about a Rodeo Sport. It would keep me in the Zu family and it has many styling similarities to the VX. I would be interested to hear from Sport owners to see what they think.
    Won't be long and '04 Axioms will be going for $6500!
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 01/07/2009 at 02:18 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

You, sir, have way too much time on your hands
    I suppose since I do as well, I should relate how choosing the VX will indicate how strong the force is with this one, or how if he chooses the Rodeo, he will be walking down the path to the dark side....
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    The VX
    written by Andy Wachowski & Larry Wachowski

Morpheus: I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice. Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
    TheGanzman: You could say that.
    Morpheus: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he's expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate?
    TheGanzman: No.
    Morpheus: Why not?
    TheGanzman: 'Cause I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
    Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind -- driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
    TheGanzman: The VX?
    Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
    (TheGanzman nods his head.)
    Morpheus: The soccor-mom suv is everywhere, it is all around us. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television, or when you go to work, or when you go to church, or when you go to a soccor game, and even when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
    TheGanzman: What truth?
    Morpheus: That you are a slave. Like everyone else who doesn't drive a VX, you were born into bondage; born to drive a boring, soccor-mom, johnny-come-lately SUV. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the VX is. You have to experience it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.
    (In his left hand, Morpheus shows a blue pill.)
    Morpheus: You take the blue pill and the story ends with you driving off in your Rodeo Sport. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. (a red pill is shown in his other hand) You take the red pill and you stay in VehiCROSS.info, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. (Long pause; TheGanzman begins to reach for the red pill) Remember -- all I am offering is the VX, nothing more.
    (TheGanzman takes the red pill and swallows it with a glass of water)

P.S.----who thinks as I that Morpheus's name be dropped for Moncha's....lol.

Won't be long and '04 Axioms will be going for $6500!
    Dude, that was AWESOME. One of the best posts ever.

:bgwg: Bart

X2 on that.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Dude, that was AWESOME. One of the best posts ever.

:bgwg: Bart
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

^definitely a classic post, well done Jolly Roger!!!!!

Two things

Vx

You know, I have both as well. It's hard to say. If you want more practical go with the RS. The VX for me (less than two weeks) has been the most unreliable vehicles I have owned (including my Acura NSX which has about 8500 vehicles here in the US).

You will have issues with the windows (inevitable), the abs (inevitable), the check engine (inevitable)....and likely the TOC, and the pulleys, and the intake gaskets, and the door handles which break easy, and the rear axle seals that leak and cost a fortune...and on and on.... Are you getting the idea? I bought this knowing maitenance cost wouldn't matter because I wanted a vehicle that was unlike any other, and very rare.

If you are one of those that doesn't mind unplugging lights to make the ABS and Check Engine lights go away, you'll be fine. If you can afford to throw a few THOUSAND on maitenance probably every 2 years after driving minimal mileage, go for it.

The RS lacks the cool factor that you might get from OTHERS, but taking the top off has its appeal, and its cheaper to own.......and more boring. The VX feels like a sports car SUV..just don't throw it into a ditch like me.

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by johnny010 View Post
    You know, I have both as well. It's hard to say. If you want more practical go with the RS. The VX for me (less than two weeks) has been the most unreliable vehicles I have owned (including my Acura NSX which has about 8500 vehicles here in the US).

You will have issues with the windows (inevitable), the abs (inevitable), the check engine (inevitable)....and likely the TOC, and the pulleys, and the intake gaskets, and the door handles which break easy, and the rear axle seals that leak and cost a fortune...and on and on.... Are you getting the idea? I bought this knowing maitenance cost wouldn't matter because I wanted a vehicle that was unlike any other, and very rare.

If you are one of those that doesn't mind unplugging lights to make the ABS and Check Engine lights go away, you'll be fine. If you can afford to throw a few THOUSAND on maitenance probably every 2 years after driving minimal mileage, go for it.

The RS lacks the cool factor that you might get from OTHERS, but taking the top off has its appeal, and its cheaper to own.......and more boring. The VX feels like a sports car SUV..just don't throw it into a ditch like me.

Good luck !
    All interesting! BTW, *I* am the guy that had the deposit on "your" VX! I've got a guy that owes me $ on a guitar deal, I just couldn't put the deal together fast enough to follow through. I've got another one "on hold" now, pending a pre-purchase inspection - private owner. Hopefully it'll all come together in the next coupla weeks...

And yours only had 28K miles - looked like it was really pampered too! Hope you get all the little "nits" worked out, Johnnie!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    All interesting! BTW, *I* am the guy that had the deposit on "your" VX! I've got a guy that owes me $ on a guitar deal, I just couldn't put the deal together fast enough to follow through. I've got another one "on hold" now, pending a pre-purchase inspection - private owner. Hopefully it'll all come together in the next coupla weeks...

And yours only had 28K miles - looked like it was really pampered too! Hope you get all the little "nits" worked out, Johnnie!

Cool ! Well, for lack of common sense, I'd be better off just shutting off the lights like many here, but I don't think I'd feel the same getting into the vehicle knowing I cheated a light......it would still bother me.

Care to share your lead on your next purchase? I might need a donor...:bgwg: j/k

BTW, don't get me wrong, I love this vehicle.....it's like dating a model you don't want to afford but can't keep from getting back in bed with her.

Buy the RS, and you regret NOT buying a one of a kind rare vehicle, and will wish you had bought the VX instead. Buy the VX and you wish you didn't have the headache of all the little issues, but in a sick way enjoy the issues because it teaches you about your vehicle. Guess it comes down to what kind of guy you are. Not recommended for 'Drop it at the dealer, charge the credit card - maintenance kinda guy'.

Wow, sounds like you have had a rough time with your VX. Outside of the ABS, which I don't really care about, I have had a CEL once that was the result of letting my gas tank get to low (my fault) and another CEL which was EGR related and easily and quickly fixed (at 80k miles btw). My door handle broke once, and it was fixed with a zip tie (still holding, did this 4th of July weekend). No window problems at all, and my rear axle seals are fine. My VX does burn oil and I have the seep around my front axle, but other than that, no major issues that would ever change my mind about owning this SUV. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if people buy used VXes that were not properly cared for and then have all sorts of issues and just think that VXes are crappy SUVs. Sure there are some lemons out there, but I truly believe that these are quality vehicles if you take care of them. Anyway, just my 2 cents....

Bart

Not recommended for 'Drop it at the dealer, charge the credit card - maintenance kinda guy'.
    You are definitely right on there. I have learned A LOT owning my VX, and I try to do as much of the work myself as I can!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Wow, sounds like you have had a rough time with your VX. Outside of the ABS, which I don't really care about, I have had a CEL once that was the result of letting my gas tank get to low (my fault) and another CEL which was EGR related and easily and quickly fixed (at 80k miles btw). My door handle broke once, and it was fixed with a zip tie (still holding, did this 4th of July weekend). No window problems at all, and my rear axle seals are fine. My VX does burn oil and I have the seep around my front axle, but other than that, no major issues that would ever change my mind about owning this SUV. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if people buy used VXes that were not properly cared for and then have all sorts of issues and just think that VXes are crappy SUVs. Sure there are some lemons out there, but I truly believe that these are quality vehicles if you take care of them. Anyway, just my 2 cents....

Bart
    Oddly enough, for 28K miles on the vehicle, the one prior owner spent a fortune maintaining the vehicle. I have the service records, and they were beyone meticulous. Heck, they replaced the compressor at 26K becuase they heard a noise upon start up that they felt had something to do with the ac?

Still though, x10 on the cool factor.

Not recommended for 'Drop it at the dealer, charge the credit card - maintenance kinda guy'.
    So TRUE! The one time I tried that the dealer gave me the VX back half full on tranny fluid and 6 months later and $3600 later I had my VX back to the condition it was in before I dropped it off for 100k "maintenance"!