Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2001 VX vs. 2001 Rodeo Sport - Make Up My Mind!

To say that someone will have issue(s) XXX, and that it will cost XXX amount is a bit misleading, IMHO.
    From my experience, I have never owned a vehicle that did not have it's quirks.
    I would say you are likely to have window issues, unless the previous owner perhaps was a member here and was smart enough to get the metal tabs to correct the problem. You may get a oil burner. I bought mine sight unseen from across the country and had it shipped to me. Not a single regret!
    One thing I can say for certain is you will love driving the VX, and the reactions from others.
    I have had more positive feedback on my Dragon than any other car I have owned, and that's saying alot considering I've had some very rare big block american muscle cars in my past....
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Sorry you're going threw some ruff stuff there Johnny. Yeah, the VX is a 10 year old vehicle and dealer support is ether nonexistent or very expensive. If you're not comfortable doing you own maintenance and repairs them things can get frustrating. Personally I think the VX is very easy to work on. If I had to replace a tranny or even the engine I’d feel pretty comfortable in doing it myself. I’m replacing the clutch on my sisters 04 ford focus today. Now that’s a pain in the a**.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny010 View Post
    You will have issues with the windows (inevitable), the abs (inevitable), the check engine (inevitable)....and likely the TOC, and the pulleys, and the intake gaskets, and the door handles which break easy, and the rear axle seals that leak and cost a fortune...and on and on....
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Sure there are some lemons out there, but I truly believe that these are quality vehicles if you take care of them. Anyway, just my 2 cents....Bart
    I have to agree with Bart. I'm the original owner of a well maintained 2001 with 116K miles. I've never had a window issue, no ABS issues, a few CELs, all but one cleared without coming back. The last was fixed with a new MAF. No broken door handles, no leaky axle seals, no CD changer issues, no torn CV boots, NO MAJOR (and very few minor) problems, because I take care of my VX (ask Tom.) I think age and mileage can be mitigated with proper care and maintenance. It's been 100% reliable since day one. Nothing is inevitable...
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379