Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One tricked out Amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Todd, have ever run Fordyce Creek Trail? People call it the "Mini Rubicon"?

Bart
    Nope, that is on my list. Maybe this year. I also understand it is harder than the "Con"

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    Nope, that is on my list. Maybe this year. I also understand it is harder than the "Con"
    While I have never visually seen the Rubicon Trail, I have walked a good part of the Fordyce Creek Trail while I was camping up there last summer. There were several spots that looked like no problem, there were also several spots that looked really tough. Most of the rigs running this trail were full on rock crawlers and way lifted Jeepers. Next time you and Linda get out here be sure to let me know, we can at very least get together for some brew and food if not wheeling. This area is only about 45 minutes from where I live.

Bart

We usually skip the hardest parts Hells Gate, Escalator,Tip-Over Challenge.Dragons Tail freaked me out, when we went back to get Justins VX.That was the part I wouldn't drive back up! Fear of heights grabbed me for some reason?!
    Did them all except the escalator!

He most definitely bypassed the Little Sluice and most likely the Big Sluice as well. Although, with a good spotter, some patience, skill, nerve, and maybe some luck, I bet his VX could have tackled the Big Sluice
    I am not positive, but from talking (a lot) with grandpa bob and wheeling with him and seeing his skills and fearlessness first hand I dought if he skipped any of the obstacles. He said the short trail (i think it is around 17 miles) took 3 days and he felt like someone had been punching him the whole time. His VX was pretty beat up from it and most all of his cladding was ripped off the VX.

As far as the vehicle for sale...it is a very sweet, well built off roader but you can find comp buggies for less on Pirate.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

[QUOTE=Triathlete;143856]Did them all except the escalator!

I am not positive, but from talking (a lot) with grandpa bob and wheeling with him and seeing his skills and fearlessness first hand I dought if he skipped any of the obstacles. He said the short trail (i think it is around 17 miles) took 3 days and he felt like someone had been punching him the whole time. His VX was pretty beat up from it and most all of his cladding was ripped off the VX.

QUOTE]

There are some trails that the VX doesn't belong on and the “Con is one of them. I can’t believe I almost took mine. I did it before with 33’s on the Jeep which is what I have on the VX. I never needed any help getting through but almost tipped it over at least once which made me think the VX would be OK. While we were on the trail I was so glad we had the Jeep. The nice thing about an overbuilt rig is that you don’t get beat up and have a much better time. I had expected that Linda would take a break from driving but never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    His VX was pretty beat up from it and most all of his cladding was ripped off the VX.
    Wow, I would have loved to see photos of him doing it in his VX and the aftermath/carnage.

Bart

and the aftermath/carnage.
    I saw the patched, rhino lined rebolted back on aftermath!