Thread: General question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You know, when I first got the VX, the rearward visibility was tough to get used to, but now, almost 2.5 years later, I don't even notice the poor visibility and I rely completely on my side mirrors. I always check my blind spots before changing lanes, but seeing out the back window doesn't even phase me anymore. So, I think, if you are generally a good, defensive driver, the visibility issue is a non-issue....but that is just me.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    You know, when I first got the VX, the rearward visibility was tough to get used to, but now, almost 2.5 years later, I don't even notice the poor visibility and I rely completely on my side mirrors. I always check my blind spots before changing lanes, but seeing out the back window doesn't even phase me anymore. So, I think, if you are generally a good, defensive driver, the visibility issue is a non-issue....but that is just me.

Bart
    Funny - on my one 50 mile + test drive, which covered a LOT of freeway driving/lane changing/merging/exiting, I had no problem w/it either, and the one I drove didn't even have the little stick-on convex mirrors. I could see where a tight parallel park situation might be dicey, but I just didn't have a problem w/it otherwise. I don't know what MOST people are used to driving, but the only vehicle I've ever had much trouble with was an '80's Lamborghini that a buddy let me drive - now THAT thing had crappy visibility!

The second mod I did on mine was a backup camera. I highly recommend it.

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

Bart
    To add to that, I added this mirror, very helpful. It sticks on your windshield and sits on top of your dash just above that little cubby hole on the left side of the dash.
    http://www.sonus-usa.com/autobahn.html
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

I am one of the newest addicts here (27Dec08) and I have already gone crazy with it. New tires, rims, stereo, HID lights, TPMS, (soon rear camera) and OME 919 springs. This thing is the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. Everywhere I go, people ask about it and can't believe it is a 10 year old design.
    I have made friends with a few people on here, and this site is a seemingly unlimited wealth of info and a very tight knit community. I just wish I lived closer (MOAB is a long drive from Charleston, SC). If you pick up a Vx, be prepared, its hard to drive around and see a mud hole or trail and not drive off into it for fun Then you are late to work, or to an appointment, or to pick up your kids...*sigh* my wife just doesn't understand.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson