Thread: Has anyone DONE the axiom engine swap?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Has anyone DONE the axiom engine swap?

Hi, new to the forum, and am looking to buy a VX in the near future. My question is this. I have seen all posts relevant to the axiom engine swap but has anyone actually done the work, taken the pics, shared their experience? A wire harness, ecu and engine swap isnt all that hard as long as there is at least one example of it done correctly. Thanks

As far as I know, No.

As for the reasons why, I'll let a veteran chime in...

And welcome to the forums!!!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Not that I know of. I am interested in the 04 Axiom direct injection 3.5, that’s a cool engine. I know the ECU and fuel pump is different but I don’t know how easy it would be to transplant.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Wink

I think about this swap from time to time in the advent of my engine ever expiring.

I think about it because I often wonder about if I could still use my Supercharger (fuel injectors are relocated on direct injection from intake manifold location to cylinder location hence "directly injecting") and how the drive-by-wire throttle control system could benefit a S/C equipped VX by eliminating the now "overly-long" O.E.M. throttle cable.

I believe that in the case of the S/C...plugging the injector holes in the intake and somehow either relocating our fuel-rail or making use of stock fuel-rail would be the big hurdle.

If my engine ever expires, I'll definately be looking long & hard at this swap as well as scouring the boneyards for any '04 Axioms w/good powerplants!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    I think about this swap from time to time in the advent of my engine ever expiring.

I think about it because I often wonder about if I could still use my Supercharger (fuel injectors are relocated on direct injection from intake manifold location to cylinder location hence "directly injecting") and how the drive-by-wire throttle control system could benefit a S/C equipped VX by eliminating the now "overly-long" O.E.M. throttle cable.

I believe that in the case of the S/C...plugging the injector holes in the intake and somehow either relocating our fuel-rail or making use of stock fuel-rail would be the big hurdle.

If my engine ever expires, I'll definately be looking long & hard at this swap as well as scouring the boneyards for any '04 Axioms w/good powerplants!
    Having never seen the 3.5 DI motor with the top off, I would also wonder if the intake ports would be the same?
    I would ASSUME that they used the same block...
    Last edited by Ldub : 01/09/2009 at 01:49 PM

I thought direct injection was supposed to increase power and allow for better fuel economy, but I checked on edmunds and the Axiom gets 13/17!!!