Now I'm in a quandry on 2 ISSUES- Air Filter; Shocks

1) which air filter to put in. I've researched it on the forum. Mine came with a dirty OEM. I've read in some posts that the oiled type K&N etc can foul the MAF sensor. Others say it doesn't. I'm not really in need of "performance" or more "speed", my highest priority is to drive it, have fun & not have anything break down for as long as possible.

2) My other priority would be to change the OEM shocks because I can't honestly believe they're doing much/anything. When I drive on our dirt road it rattles SOOO LOUD and ROUGH & I can hear things wiggling & jiggling (like the back door). It has MINIMAL shock/damping effect when it hits a small rut or hole & slams really hard into potholes, even at less than 15-20 mph. It's got to mess up my alignment.
I know VX rides rough, but does that sound normal in any way? We have 2 other 4WD (an '07 FJ Crusier with Old Man Emu & Skyjacker, & '08 4Runner Urban Runner package with Xreas suspension....so I know what it's like to drive on rough off road trails ).
I've read on this forum options for OEM like rebuilding them, recharging the nitrogen.

Can you shoot me some opinions? Thx.